close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need info for Range Instructors about the 4th Gen Ejection Issues

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BLACK Z, May 22, 2012.

1. BLACK Z

BLACK Z

Hi, My Issued Glock ( New 4th Gen Mod 22.40 Cal ) Has been stove piping and also hitting me in the fore head causing Burns and cuts, It is very hard to focus when shooting, The gun throws Brass to the Right over my head and to the left there is no pattern it's just all over the place. There are others that are having this issue as well.

I own plenty of glocks and shoot often and I know this isn't right. After my last range day I goggled the issue and came up with some stuff in regards tot eh Mod 22. I tried to do it at work today to show the range guys and all I saw was stuff for the Mod 19.

Can you guy's please send me links and also post here the info and stuff you know of about this issue, real world stories, fixes Glock's response and all the info you guys have on it so I can pass it on. I like the gun and love glock's but it could mean a life if there is a malfunction. Thanks

2. JBP55

JBP55

You may want to start by reading the sticky at the top of General Glocking. You may want to do a search on GT as well. There must be 100 threads on these issues.

Last edited: May 22, 2012

3. BLACK Z

BLACK Z

I didn't read the sticky but I will, when I did the search it was all G19 stuff that came up.

4. JBP55

JBP55

A local SWAT team is running the G4 G35 with no issues and I am not aware of any issues with the G4 G22's issued by several local agencies.

5. BLACK Z

BLACK Z

I started to read the sticky, I Need info for the Glock 22 only, I do remember reading about it just can't seem to find it when I need it. I remember they had the different part Numbers and all.

6. JBP55

JBP55

The new RSA for a G4 G22 is 014 and the new .40 ejector is 28926.
    Is this what you were looking for?

7. BLACK Z

BLACK Z

Yes that is part of it they also want to hear of other peoples issues and just more about it, SO I figured people could post there stories and issues and I could print it all out and give it to them, Thanks

8. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

One poster here keeps posting that LE departments and FBO's are not having any function problems with Glock's so it must just be figments of our imagination,Not.
    SJ 40

9. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

And he's right. The shooter just needs a quick instruction on proper grip/stance & it goes away. If it were an inherent flaw in the gun, as many on the Internet would have one believe, we would literally see tens of thousands of this "issue" as well as many PD's & Fed. agencies switching platforms. That we don't should answer the question.

It's the Indian & not the arrow.

10. voyager4520

voyager4520

My Gen3 G27 had the problem, I fixed it by installing a 28926 ejector which is being used in the newest Gen4 .40 Glocks, as well as using a new extractor.

I first noticed the erratic ejection at about 200 rounds. Occasionally a spent casing would go straight over my head or straight up in the air. I looked at one of the spent casings and it had a triangular dent/scrape at the case mouth. Over a few hundred more rounds I noticed that about 10% of the ejections either went over my head or straight up, and about 98% of the spent casings had the scrape at the case mouth with corresponding brass dust and markings on the ejection port of the slide. My Gen3 G23 had never done this so it concerned me that this gun may be more prone to fail to eject. I tried using the extractor from my G23 in my G27 slide and it made no difference. Comparing how that extractor sits in each slide, it sits noticeably further forward in the G27 slide and holds a spent casing to the breech face with noticeably less tension. The markings from the extractor on a spent casing show that only the bottom corner of the extractor claw was making a marking on the rim, and that marking was higher than it should've been. The ejector marking was also higher than it was supposed to be, and on some casings it was actually dragging across part of the primer.

What finally fixed the ejection was to install a 28926 ejector into the Gen3 trigger housing of the gun, as well as using an older non-LCI 15 degree .40 extractor with non-LCI .40 spring loaded bearing. This ejector leaves no noticeable marking on the spent casing, and the extractor claw marking on the rim looks exactly like that of my G23. There were no longer any dents/scrapes at the case mouths of the casings, but on about 50% of the spent casings there was a tiny scrape midway along the length of the casing with a corresponding lesser collection of brass dust on the ejection port of the slide. All casings now eject between 3 o'clock and 5 o'clock.

Strangely though the non-LCI extractor used with the original 1882 ejector did not make any noticeable difference, I never examined the extractor marking on the case rim with that combination. I never examined the extractor marking made by the G23 extractor either.

Here are the areas on the ejection port of the slide that brass dust and smear markings were appearing with the original parts, after the new ejector and extractor only a small amount of brass dust is appearing on the spot to the lower right:
    [​IMG]

Here's a drawing of the triangular dents/scrapes on the spent casings with the original parts:
    [​IMG]

And here's a drawing showing the tiny scrape on the spent casings after the new parts:
    [​IMG]

My Gen3 G23 has the 1882 ejector and it has never ejected erratically. In some cases the ejection problem seems to be caused simply by an out-of-spec extractor because replacing it fixes the problem. But in some cases like with my G27, something else is causing the problem because only the new ejector makes a noticeable improvement. With my G27, I believe the cut-out in the slide which holds the extractor is out-of-spec.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  11. ken grant

ken grant

Please EDUCATE us on proper grip and stance to make our Glocks work and also how to do it from any position we may find ourselves in case of selfdefense.

12. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Ya then when I try to introduce function problems to my pre 2006 Glocks I'm not having any luck in doing so.

Example 2002 G 22,40 S&W, load 180 gr. over 2.8 grs. Clays, a very wimpy load made up just for this purpose.

Gun griped with weak hand with thumb and two fore fingers and a bent wrist,try as I might the only thing that happens is the gun fires and functions flawlessly.

I like Glocks but do I think one,any manufacturing company makes every product perfectly,oh we all wish.
    I like Ford cars and trucks but they also have had their problems, remember the Pinto,they had more than their share of well less than perfection.
    SJ 40

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  13. Bello

Bello America/Italia

My gen 3 is erratic as hell

14. BLACK Z

BLACK Z

voyager4520 Thank you that is what I am looking for and more of it.

I have the same marks on the slide as you, The Instructors fired it also and they all were having the same issues, We took another Brand new one and fired it and only had one erratic casing from it.

15. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

So you're saying there is absolutely no ejection issue with Glocks? None whatsoever? You may want to tell Glock that, would save them a bunch of money creating all these new RSAs and ejectors and everything.

16. misfit356tsw

misfit356tsw

Logic does not work with his kind. He is deeply invested in his brand of choice and anyone who even thinks of questioning his brand of choice is a heretic. :wavey:

17. BLACK Z

BLACK Z

Does glock have this documented any where and this issue?

18. tucojuanramirez

tucojuanramirez

yes sir, that thread is full of good idea for the ejection issue

19. Bruce M

Bruce M

The instructors must need instruction also then. But of course there is the whole issue of them trying another gun and not having the issues. And any of several posters here who have reported that they have multiple Glocks but only problems with one. But I guess we should ignore that.

It must be awful to identify with a brand so closely that one cannot admit to that which the company admits.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  20. Bruce M

Bruce M

Last edited: May 24, 2012