close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need info about Texas Deer tags

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by KD5MSY, Oct 12, 2004.

1. KD5MSY

KD5MSY

Ok, you get (4) deer tags, two buck, and two doe.
    I live in a two buck county, if I take a buck in my county can I still go to a one buck county and take another buck. My thinking is that I need to get the first buck in a one buck county and then use the second tag in my county. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

2. Vic303

Vic303 Senior Member

Suggest you call TX Fish & Game, or whatever they call it here...They will have the correct answer I would think.

3. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

I don't have my license in front of me, but you should have tags for five Whitetail deer. One tag will be good only in three buck counties. One tag will be good for a Buck or Antlerless deer in a one or two buck county. One tag will be good for one buck or Anterless deer a two buck county. And there will be two Antlerless Only tags.

If you are hunting in a one buck county and kill a buck, use the tag good for a Buck or Antlerless deer in a one or two buck county. If you are hunting in a two Buck county, use the tag for a Buck or Antlerless deer in a two buck county for the first buck. If you kill another, then use the tag for one or two buck counties.

You don't have to hunt in the one buck county first. You can use the tags in any order you wish, so long as you choose properly.

So in the end you can kill a large combination of deer. In a four deer county, you could kill four does. Or two bucks and two does or...

In a three buck county (five deer limit), you could kill four does and one buck. Or three bucks and two does, or...

In a one buck county, you could kill one buck and two does, or, maybe three does. But remember, in most three deer counties, does usually require a seperate management tag as deer numbers are not as high as others.