close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need help!!

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by mikol, Aug 13, 2004.

1. mikol

mikol

hi to all the BOG out there!

i am a new member member of this forum and i would like to ask all the BOG's out there sa Pinas for some advice about my 1st firearm purchase. currently i am working here in saudi arabia as an ofw. i am planning of having my yearly vacation this coming dec. 2004. and by then, also want to purchase my 1st firearm for home defense.

as of now i'm on to 1911(.45 or 9mm) provably local made or even imported but not those expensive one's. my budget for now will not be able for me to get a glock or those high end 1911 or semi-auto pistols. my max bubget is only 30K including paper works.

i was thinking of the ff. model;

1.armscor practical series (.45 or 9mm)
    2.ria (.45 or 9mm)
    3.norinco 1911A1
    4.sam 1911 .45 cal.

1.norinco np-29 (high-cap 9mm)
    2.norinco cz-75 clone
    3.norinco hp-35 clone
    4.norinco sig-226 or 228 clone

those are the only models i think are worth my budget as of now. so hope anybody can give any suggestion or 2.

any other models that you have in mind even if it reaches up to 40-45K. including paper works might be needed also. i can still stretch my budget up to 45k 'coz i still have 5 months more to go here.

2. cznayr

cznayr Dis-member

if that's your budget, i suggest you get an armscor or norinco and then work on it from thereon.. consider it as a project.. ;)you could spend 20thousand (rough estimate) on the gun and registrations and then spend the rest customizing it.

maybe some other BOGs are selling their stuff which you can buy.. if you don't mind second hand guns...

3. mikol

mikol

cznayr,

thanks bud. i really don't mind getting a used one as long as i will be able to inspect it and make a test fire in the range for a coupple of hundreds of ammo before closing any deal.

btw, how much is the current price of cz-75 now dyan sa pinas?

4. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

I wouldn't mind being able to do that either, but I don't know if anyone's ever offered that thtorough a test drive on a firearm to a prospective buyer... not at that price range.

Then again, that's just me.

5. casmot

casmot Re membered

For your budget, you can get a second hand glock or cz75/85 from a fellow BoG inclusive of the documentation. Check the Buy & Sell thread. I know mikey is sell his cz.

6. mikol

mikol

hi horge,

thanks for the reply. will anything is possible, and even price range can be stretch just to close a good deal. if the firearms price being offered by a seller is worthy enough for it's performance in the field test, why not.

do you have anything to offer or know someone that has? please advice ok? just need to get me a firearm unit dahil sa dami ng mga nakawan ngayon, better have something to use when those bg will come again.(we got robbed already twice and i would not allow this to happen the 3rd time around)

thanks again.

7. mikol

mikol

hi casmot,

thanks. send already a pm to mikey.
    btw what can i get get out of a 45k. budget for a starter semi-auto pistol.
    i really dont have any idea about semi-auto pistol but i have my days on revolbers way back when i was still there sa Pinas.

8. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

hi mikol,

a shotgun would be nice for home defense, the maverick88 by mossberg will fit your budget. maybe those bgs will never come back after you blast them full of holes with 00buckshot:)

9. casmot

casmot Re membered

Glock or CZ.

10. 9MX

9MX Rei!

korek!;z

11. vega

vega

For 1911, go with 45 cal. IMO.

Now for test driving, I don't know your location but you must be willing to go to the buyer's range and it depends on the buyer if he'll agree. And let's kope there will be no local election next year. Nobody will bring his firearm to the range just for this reason.

Also if the firearm doesn't have PTC or PTT its up to the seller if he's willing to take the risk. I would suggest that you also do some researching on buying used firearms.

Good luck.

vega

12. julianz

julianz toxic master

mikol,

+ jericho or HS2000 ;f

Sadik,

Any of the choices given above are pasok sa budget mo just prepare all the paper work then you are ready to go , i suggest unahin mo muna Gun safety seminar sa crame .
    by the way san ka sa saudi?

13. mikol

mikol

JUL,

shokran sadik for the info. already contacted some people they can provide all the documents & papers needed for 6.5k. this cost will be added to the firearm unit cost which i'll decide on later. dito nga pala ako sa jeddah ksa. malapit lang sa jeddah airport ang accomodation namin. thanks ulit dre sa response.;f

14. mikol

mikol

vega,

thanks sa reply pare. dito lang ako sa may silang cavite. it's ok for me to go to the seller's range if the sellers agree to let me field test his unit. next year maybe there's a barangay election(?) i really dont know. lets just hope ptt or ptc will not be suspended by then. thanks again pare sa reply;f

15. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

If a .38 special revolver is OK with you, check out the used - from the Hong Kong policeforce I think- Model 10 Smith&Wessons at Twin Pines - were just P17,000 two months ago. Plenty of speedloaders available for that very well-known model of revolver. Of course you would inspect them on-premises and choose the exact one you like. Or you could get two given your budget, one for each hand when the intruders come to your door; or one for you and one for your wife.

For P17,000 you could get a single-stack Armscor .45 too, but those things are harder for women to use. The bad guys might come when you are out of town/not at home, but your wife is home.

16. bagito

bagito tanod

nay other models that you have in mind even if it reaches up to 40-45K. including paper works might be needed also. i can still stretch my budget up to 45k 'coz i still have 5 months more to go here. [/B][/QUOTE]
    you can get a brand new glock w/ that sum just add bit more riyals. just pick w/c one. you wont go wrong w/ those gaston's pistols.
    ;a

17. mikol

mikol

hi ante,

i was already having that thought of getting my wife a revolber or a bersa .380 registered under her name so that i can also get a unit provably .45 cal. as of now i cannot convence her to have one.takot sa putok kasi. that's why i want to get the unit without her knowledge nalang muna. bahala na akong magpaliwanag pag-nandyan na ang unit. all i have to do is to bring her in an indoor target range para masanay sa putok ng baril. maybe by then di na magagalit pag-dumating na yung baril namin. will armscor .45 and a .38 revolber maybe enough for home defense. tsaka na ako bibili ng pang-comp. pag yung mag-e exit na ako dito sa saudi para mahaba ang oras sa range.

thanks pare sa suggestion.;)

18. mikol

mikol

you can get a brand new glock w/ that sum just add bit more riyals. just pick w/c one. you wont go wrong w/ those gaston's pistols.
    ;a [/B][/QUOTE]

hi bagito,

i really want to get a glock, but the budget cannot really stretch way more than that. i have other thing to fix this coming dec. like my jeep. so glock might come later in the near future. i think i can start saving for glock next year when i come back here. ;f

19. casmot

casmot Re membered

BTW, since your projected time of buying a pistol is still in December (about 4 months from now) I would suggest that you don't pegged the documentation at 6.5K. They might change the officials in the FED/FEO (?). Pwedeng bumaba o tumaas pa.

20. mikol

mikol

casmot,

thanks bud. actually i'll make it 8k for the docs. to be safe. and if i can reach the 40-45k budget this coming dec. the 32-37k.remaining will be for the firearm unit and other accessories. ;f
    hope i can get a good pistol this coming dec. i really dont know what my budget will bring me, but for sure i'll be very glad to have one no matter what model it would be.;z