Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a used Zev Technologies gen3 G17. Everything is good on the gun except the trigger pull. It comes in at 5.75lb. I swapped in the 2lb striker spring that was inluded in the package and it only reduced the pull weight by about 1/2lb, but it caused intermittent light primer strikes. So back with the 3lb spring and have been shooting without functional problems in ~500 rounds. I really want to improve the trigger weight. I called Zev and the tech assumed I had the v4 connector, and recommended replacing it with their latest Pro model or the Glock(-) model. when I asked if I could use a Ghost connector he tech said he wouldn't mix the parts from different brands. Looking for some input from the board on this issue, mainly if it's safe to use a Ghost connector in the Zev trigger. I am leaning towards the Pro3.3 or the EVO Elite. The gun is exclusively for range sessions and matches. Thank you in advance for any advise and recommendation.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
You can mix trigger and connector between brands. However, the two Ghost connectors you mentioned both limit overtravel. I don’t know which zev trigger you have but all the zev triggers I’ve used also have an over travel adjustment. You may find yourself either filing a lot of the connector down or trying to adjust the zev overtravel to zero to make things work.

Personally, I would choose a connector without overtravel limitations OR if you really want that connector switch the trigger to one that doesn’t have an adjustment.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am pretty sure I have the Zev Fulcrum trigger. No experience with Zev before this G17. A friend of mine has a spare Lone Wolf 3.5lb connector, which he let me try. It's a drop-in. There is a noticeable difference, but I am sure the weight is still at pretty close to 5lb's, maybe a hair less. I am now doubting if any drop-in connector would get me to the 3lb point. Should I keep trying or consider going with a different trigger all together? I have a G23C that I shoot with a 40-9 barrel, and it has a Glock Triggers (glocktriggers.com) Edge (for 40s&w), and I absolutely love it. I handled a SW shield with APEX trigger and thought it was great also. So many after market options out there..

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Check to see if the trigger spring is in the housing correctly. Also check the safety plunger . Something is obviously not rite. Maybe look up the mag well as you pull the trigger and see if you can see anything binding etc..,

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Either you or someone needs to go through that pistol and get it unfukked.
If that kit was working right, you should be under 3lbs pull weight.
I'm not a ZEV or Ghost fan, so I would be getting rid of all that schitt and starting over.
Fulcrum schmoolcrum.

:D

ETA:
PM me and I'll give you my trigger recipe if you are interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts