Need help with removal/installation of Glock extended mag release.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Lightsped, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Lightsped

Lightsped peon

I am trying to remove the default mag release, and install a extended mag release on my Glock (full size frame).

Is there a trick to getting the mag release out? I looked on google, and nothing really helped.

I'd like pics or some type of procedure before I end up messing something up....

Can anyone here help?

2. Lightsped

Lightsped peon

Yeah, that is exactly what I am trying to do. Trying to move the spring over, but I can't get it to budge. Are there any tricks to this? It doesn't look difficult, but I just can't get it.....

3. ReAX222

ReAX222

At least for me, that is the hardest part of detail stripping.

It's mostly luck when I finally get it out. The only thing that has increased my chances is I push the mag release and jamb my punch so the spring can't go back to the resting position.

4. GRR

GRR

I use a small flat head screwdriver to pry the spring to the right. A little clockwise twist when its all the way to the right and the spring comes right out of the groove. I hold the mag release in on the right side of the pistol to keep it from moving with the spring. I'm left handed and I think that makes it a little easier.