Glock Talk banner

Need help with letter...

371 Views 21 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  OXCOPS
OK. As you all know, I am trying to transfer my certs between states. I talked to a guy at POST, who said they would probably accept a letter from my old chief with hours of training for which I do not have documentation. I talked to that chief, who told me to get with my old supervisors and department instructors and calculate a conservative number of hours for each of the needed topics. Told me to then forward the completed letter to him via email, so he could print on letterhead, sign and mail back to me. Below is the letter to the POST board. Not included here, but below the body of the letter is the list of hours.

Read over this and tell me what you think.

Dear Sir or Madam:

Officer SuperOX has expressed his interest to me in obtaining certification as a peace officer in the State of Arizona. He held a sworn position, with full powers of arrest, at this department from April 1998-July, 2007. Officer SuperOX left this agency in good standing. Because of this, please accept the following records of in-service and field training/on the job (FTO/OTJ) training. I regret to inform you that the actual records for some specific training sessions cannot be located, but upon consultation with training officers, and Officer SuperOX’s immediate supervisors, the numbers listed below are a conservative assessment of his training while employed at the HotDamn Police Department. Please accept these figures in addition to the certificates and class rosters included.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Malcontent
11,580 Posts
Too long, it addresses stuff that isn't an issue. The letter is about your training hours, not your work history. Keep it simple.

Sir:
Regarding superOX, please be advised that he has completed the below listed training while employed by the Anytown PD. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of any further assistance.

Thank you,
Da Chief

ETA: Oh, and do not take career advice from a malcontent like me:whistling:

· Registered
12,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The POST guy suggested that it should include wording specifically stating I held a sworn position from start date to end date. I thought about taking out the part about not being able to find records, but that is the whole point of the letter.

· Malcontent
11,580 Posts
Sir:
Please be advised that Ox was employed as a sworn Police Officer from April 1998-July, 2007 with the Limpwrist Police Department. I have attached a list of training he obtained while an Officer here. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,
Da Chief

I changed it around a bit to address the certificate thing. By having the list compiled by him, it means that it's accurate without bringing up the matter of certificates. If they have any questions, they can call him or any other boss you list as a reference.

· Registered
12,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WiskyT;11524413 said:
Sir:
Please be advised that Ox was employed as a sworn Police Officer from April 1998-July, 2007 with the Limpwrist Police Department. I have attached a list of training he obtained while an Officer here. Please accept these figures in addition to the certificates and class rosters included. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,
Da Chief

I changed it around a bit to address the certificate thing. By having the list compiled by him, it means that it's accurate without bringing up the matter of certificates. If they have any questions, they can call him or any other boss you list as a reference.

I see what you're doing here! :supergrin: I have a stack of certificates to send in. However, I don't have all of them. That is why I have the letter, which only covers the areas I do not have documentation for. Should something be said regarding that? Something like your latest letter plus what I added in red?

· Super Moderator
19,957 Posts
Dear Sir,

For Christ's sake, take him already! He calls, he writes, he e-mails, my head's about to explode. I can no longer do business with Gunsite, AWC or Dillon Precision because I'm afraid to open envelopes with AZ postmarks.

Tell you what---YOU write the damn letter and I'll sign it. Ox can nail jello to a wall, once served as the door gunner on the Space Shuttle and was the real-life model for your favorite TV hero cop, whoever that might have been. Okay? Just make him stoooooooppppp!!!!1!1

Your friend,
The Chief

:tongueout:

· Registered
12,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because ....

:rofl:

· Super Moderator
19,957 Posts

· Registered
12,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sam Spade;11524984 said:
mmm...lambchops. Add a touch of mint jelly.

Meanwhile, back at the POST, start looking at the community colleges, especially Glendale. If you know that you're going to be deficient in some area, they have a ton of AZ POST approved classes in proficiency skills. and most are weekend courses.

http://www.gccaz.edu/justice/leo/files/acadmain.html
http://www.gccaz.edu/justice/leo/files/advoff_b.html
for starters.
They allow that? :dunno: From the hours on the letter, plus what I have documentation for, I have well over 1000 hours. I don't have anything dealing with AZ statutes, but the rest is just about covered.

· Registered
1,514 Posts
Sam Spade;11524869 said:
Dear Sir,

For Christ's sake, take him already! He calls, he writes, he e-mails, my head's about to explode. I can no longer do business with Gunsite, AWC or Dillon Precision because I'm afraid to open envelopes with AZ postmarks.

Tell you what---YOU write the damn letter and I'll sign it. Ox can nail jello to a wall, once served as the door gunner on the Space Shuttle and was the real-life model for your favorite TV hero cop, whoever that might have been. Okay? Just make him stoooooooppppp!!!!1!1

Your friend,
The Chief

:tongueout:
Ha Ha! :rofl:

The HotDamn PD sounds like fun, though. :supergrin:

· Unfair Facist
28,862 Posts
OXCOPS;11525080 said:
isn't it past lights out at the nursing home? Go eat your pudding cup and go to bed!! :tongueout:

:rofl:

They let me stay up late on the weekends.

:tongueout::rofl::rofl:

· Unfair Facist
28,862 Posts
OXCOPS;11525542 said:
Is that like getting to work in the prison laundry? :supergrin:
Depends

:tongueout::rofl:

· Malcontent
11,580 Posts
OXCOPS;11524509 said:
Should something be said regarding that? Something like your latest letter plus what I added in red?

No, it sounds like your scrambling around. It draws attention to a shortcoming that noone will pay any attention to otherwise. It's like Sarah Palen constantly addressing foreign policy, it's a loser for her. She should just stick to domestic issues, family values, and being hawt.

It also comes across like you have something to hide. If you were going into CVS and you met a guy face to face in the doorway and he exclaimed "I didn't shoplift anything!" You'd be a little suspicious of him right?

You just need a list of training and something to back it up. Certs and a letter from a COP and the opportunity to speak with him should do it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts