Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased a couple of new Glocks including a Gen 4 G17 and G19. I will carry the 19 more, but occasionally the 17 so I'm looking for a quality IWB kydex holster to wear at the 4 o'clock position. I prefer single clip setups; wide holsters with 2 points like the MTAC don't fit my body type and I like the easy on/off ability of the single clip.

Now the problem - I'm looking for a well fitting IWB kydex holster - something that really fits the GUN well. I've purchased 2 CYA holsters (off Amazon for ~$37) for the G19 and G17. Both are fine, but they don't fit the guns exceptionally well, definitely some play. When I look at my RM holster for my G26, Raven Phantoms (2) for my G21, and the Comp-Tac paddle for my G17 - they all fit the guns perfectly, no play at all.

Does anyone have experience with Tulster or Vedder (lighttuck) regarding fitment of the pistol? Buy once cry once is usually my motto, and I didn't do that this time. I just want to make sure whatever I replace the CYA's with will meet my expectations.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
FIST is good, if you want thin kydex. I just got a Comp Tac Infidel that works very well, but is bulky.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I own a Vedder & Tulster... both are excellent. The Tulster offers free shipping. I would buy one of each and return the one you don't like. Both offer 30 day return policy. The only difference in the two holsters is Vedder has a metal clip and Tulster doesn't. These holsters are identical in every other way.
Good luck & stay safe.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
They all fit a bit different. It helps to adjust the tension screws and the angle of the clip. It also helps to practice carrying it around for a while for your body/mind/clothing to adapt and get use to it, enjoy!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies so far. I might just try both, 9mmaddict - that's a good idea, hadn't looked at their return policy.
Then tension screws I've found impact retention, not necessarily how the holster wraps around the pistol itself. Hopefully the Tulster or Vedder do a better job than my recent purchases.

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
Believe it or not, the $30 Concealment Express IWB is a great choice in my experience carrying an HK P30S .40.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I'm looking for a quality IWB kydex holster to wear at the 4 o'clock position. I prefer single clip setups;
I like the Clinger "Stingray" you can get them via their website or Ebay. I have also used the Black Arch Protus Classic Model.

My wife uses the FIST ultra-thin kydex holster (daily since 2005) however she prefers the split-leather loops. You can get the holster with a single clip attachment.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have been using a Light Tuck for my G32 for a few months. My opinion is that it fits the pistol well.

I think that based on your post you will be pleased by the relatively minimalist design and the single clip.

I don’t tuck it but the spring steel clip fits a 1-1/2 in.(size I ordered) belt snugly and keeps the pistol in position yet is easy to take on and off.

The adjustments for ride height and cant have made it so it fits me right.

I could go on and begin to sound like I am shilling for Vedder. It is just very well designed and made.

I tried to go cheaper at first and regretted it so I feel your pain there. Good luck with whatever you choose!

·
Premium Member
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro)
620 Posts
The choice of a holster is very subjective and a personal thing because everyone’s body is built a little differently. I guess I am lucky because I only tried a Crossbreed before finding the Nate Squared holster.

I have two Nate Squared (N82) Tactical Professional IWB tuckable holsters, www.n82tactical.com. Tuckable means your shirt can be tucked in around the outside of the holster. One is for my Glock 17 Gen 4 and the other one is for my Glock 30 Gen 4. N82 sells several types of holsters but I like their Professional model best. It is a single clip holster that I wear at 9 to 9:30 as I am left handed. Some people don’t like a single clip because they say the holster moves around. Mine settles into my left hip and doesn’t move around at all. It is all day wearing comfort. Because it is a single clip instead of a double clip it is very quick and easy to put on and take off which I really like.

The Professional has 3 layers of material. A very soft suede backing that sits against your body inside your belt, then a rubber neoprene layer to block moisture from reaching the gun and the soft black leather on the outside of the holster that the gun sits next to. No part of the gun ever touches your body. I always wear a T-shirt under my outer shirt. The gun slides into a poly carbonate which has retention and trigger guard protection.

N82 has a lifetime guarantee and a 30 day trial. Their products and customer service is absolutely superior.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
For Kydex I’m currently using JM Custom for an IWB. It’s well molded, has excellent attachment options, and a tension screw. Yes, it is best not to go too inexp inexpensive when shopping for a holster.

·
Lifetime NRA member
2,622 Posts
I have a concealment express for my shield.45 and it’s good but I like the Vedder better for my bigger g30.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I've recently purchased a couple of new Glocks including a Gen 4 G17 and G19. I will carry the 19 more, but occasionally the 17 so I'm looking for a quality IWB kydex holster to wear at the 4 o'clock position. I prefer single clip setups; wide holsters with 2 points like the MTAC don't fit my body type and I like the easy on/off ability of the single clip.

Now the problem - I'm looking for a well fitting IWB kydex holster - something that really fits the GUN well. I've purchased 2 CYA holsters (off Amazon for ~$37) for the G19 and G17. Both are fine, but they don't fit the guns exceptionally well, definitely some play. When I look at my RM holster for my G26, Raven Phantoms (2) for my G21, and the Comp-Tac paddle for my G17 - they all fit the guns perfectly, no play at all.

Does anyone have experience with Tulster or Vedder (lighttuck) regarding fitment of the pistol? Buy once cry once is usually my motto, and I didn't do that this time. I just want to make sure whatever I replace the CYA's with will meet my expectations.

Alien Gear is fantastic

·
Registered
181 Posts
For single clip kydex IWB holsters, I'd recommend JM Custom Kydex, Ozarks Holster Company, Multi-Holsters, Zorn Holsters, Vedder Holsters and Tulster. I've never had one from these makers that didn't fit the gun very well.

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts