Need Help With Glock26

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by FPrice, Aug 27, 2005.

1. FPrice

FPrice

I have a new (to me) Glock 26 with a possible problem. I cannot disassemble the slide from the frame.

Now I have had many other Glocks and know the procedure. Unload, drop the magazine, check the chamber to be sure, point in a safe direction and pull the trigger. Then grasp the slide with the fingers of the right hand over the top of the slide, draw the slide back about 1/10", pull down the two little levers on both sides of the frame and let the slide go forward. However, when my slide goes forward it resets the trigger and stops after 1/2"!

Can anyone figure what going on?

2. boze2043

boze2043

Your pulling the slide to far back. My G26 use to do the same thing, bugged the hell out of me till I finaly got it apart. Move the slide back half the distance you would on a full size Glock and it will come apart.

3. T. Harless

T. Harless

I think all the sub compacts can be contrary like that. Like boze2043 said, you're pulling back too far. Keep at it.

4. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

I barely even pull my slide back, i'd say just enough to feel that it actually moved, then pull down on the slide lock and I've never had a prob. Although I have a g23, the same essentially applies. But like the other said, ur just pullin it back too far. :)