Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
WOOT!!!!!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am thinking about me gettin one.... I cant decide whether to go with a mossberg 702 tactical rifle or a hi-point 9mm carbine.

Any thoughts? Thanks :)

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Plinkin' to me means 22lr and for a good rifle I'd say Ruger 10/22.

·
WOOT!!!!!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with goin with the .22lr for plinking... Ive tried my friend's sig 522 and it was fun and id say cheap to use... I dont know if its just me or what, but im looking for a bit power than that... have anybody around here have tried any of these 2?

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
IIRC Ruger is making their 10/22 in 22Mag, that would get you more power.

·
Banned
5,143 Posts
Henry Golden Boy lever-action 22.

·
Registered
16,918 Posts
IIRC Ruger is making their 10/22 in 22Mag, that would get you more power.
I'm pretty sure ruger dropped the 10-22 mag several years ago.

As for the original question the hi point are pretty well rated. But there are no hi cap mags.

·
Registered
14,957 Posts
My local shop had Mosin Nagants and 1k round tin of ammo for less than $300 yesterday.

I almost walked out with one. That would be a fun plinker.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Well that does it, Mossberg is dead to me. I gave them a pass on the stupid BMG muzzle break road warrior-esque 12ga, and the abortion they call the 'chainsaw'. But this BMG braked .22lr is the straw that broke the camels back, so stupid.

For a plinker it is hard to beat a nice .22lr lever gun. I really like my Henry, and am trying to find an older Marlin 39.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
:rofl: :rofl:

You mean the one Mossberg calls the 'Plinkster', with the stupid muzzle brake?

That had to have been designed by the same kid that came up their 'Chainsaw'.

:rofl:
I was assuming he meant this one:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
browning makes a beautiful 22 lever and another beautiful 22 auto takedown. buds has the lever in stock for 482 and one 22 auto buckmark stainless for 742. wow. rather have the lever anyway. one thing about browning though, you get what you pay for, except the hp.

i have a marlin 882 with a cheap 4x32 that'll shoot the same hole with no wind a 75yrds. i've got less than 200 bucks in that gun.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
My local shop had Mosin Nagants and 1k round tin of ammo for less than $300 yesterday.

I almost walked out with one. That would be a fun plinker.

I have a m91/30 also and I agree. My shop had deal going for a M91/30, bayo, ammo pouch, and 440rnd tin for $140 and all three of my shooting buddies ended up getting Mosins too ,they are that much fun to shoot!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts