close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need help, sick puppy

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by b97m, Nov 20, 2006.

1. b97m

b97m

My 10 week old dobe puked some clear foamy stuff last night and wasnt himself. Didnt want to play or anything just seemed really sleepy. Early like 5am this morning he had diareah then about 6am he squirted about a cup full of blood. He was all happy and jumpy like normal though. Then he had diareah twice while i was at work. Still happy and jumpy when i got home. I gave him a bath and took him outside and he diareah again and now he's moapy and sad. His stool is really water like no solid at all. Theres been grass in his poop too. He's been munching on our grass since we've had his about 7 weeks old. Whats this all about? I am planning to go out of town weds-sunday and I cant take him with us. I dont want to leave my sick puppy at home. My dad will stop by to feed and walk him but i want to make sure he's okay before we leave.

2. PrincessCelica

PrincessCelica

If there's grass in his poop and he's been eating it for a while, I'd have to ask if you are using any chemicals, like pesticide, or fertilizer on your yard. If so, he's probably ingesting that and its making him sick.

But mostly, TAKE HIM TO THE VET!!!!!!!!! If he's not himself and squirting out blood, you need to take him to a vet, pronto. That is no way, shape, or form normal for any animal, humans included.:shocked:

3. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Get that pup to the Vet POST HASTE!!!!

Parvo manifests itself as watery stools and vomiting too........

The thing with pups and kittens getting the runs and vomiting like that they can quickly become dehydrated and can die quickly.

Get that pup to the vet RIGHT AWAY.......he needs to probably have some IV fluids by the vet......and tested for distemper and parvo.......

Let's hope it is nothing serious!!!!!!

Let us know...........

4. GotGlock1917

GotGlock1917 Lifetime Member

It could also be Coccidiosis.

In any case, the pup needs a vet NOW!

Coccidiosis is easily treated but dehydration must be avoided.

5. b97m

b97m

Vet saw him today. He tested negative for parvo and worms. He gave us some pink liquid medacine and some white pills to take twice daily for 5 days. Thats all i know for now.

6. GotGlock1917

GotGlock1917 Lifetime Member

7. b97m

b97m

He is doing good. My dad and sister have been taking care of him since I've been out of town. I got back in Sunday afternoon and he's gain almost all of his weight back and has had solid craps since the morning after his first medacine. I gave him the last of his medacine when i got home from work today and we are taking him to the vet again at the end of the week.

8. Glock_36

Glock_36 Jason

Thats Good to Hear.:thumbsup: