close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need Help. Romanian underfolder won't cycle rounds.

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by bigdofba, Mar 24, 2010.

1. bigdofba

bigdofba

I purchased this gun used about a year ago. I've taken it to the range a few times with no problems. When I took it out yesterday, it would fire one shot but wouldn't cycle the next round. The bolt carrier group would not come back after the weapon was fired. This leads me to believe there is a problem with the gas tube or gas system.

Is it possible for a gas tube to wear out or develop a crack somewhere? How should I go about trying to fix this problem.

2. jamesavery22

jamesavery22

Clean the gas block. Make sure its not obstructed, rusted, or both. Take something like a small allen wrench and make sure you can push it through the GB and the hole in the barrel and actually see the end of the wrench in the barrel when you look down the bore(obviously make sure the rifle is stripped first...).

Does the carrier move at all? Does it move a little just not enough to extract the fired round?

When you hand cycle the carrier with no recoil spring is there any resistance at any point? There should be very little.

edit---
    post pics of everything if you still have issues. Those help :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010

3. bigdofba

bigdofba

I already went through this step and everything checked out fine.

Yes. It moves just enough to eject the round.

The only time I can feel any resistance is when the carrier goes over the trigger but it seems like normal resistance to me.

I would post pics but I broken my camera when I went to Vegas last month. :(

Thanks for the help though. This issue is bother me. It's the second time I have had something like this happen to me.

Last time it was my Yugo m70b1 but I sent it back to Century and they fixed it. That problem was worse as the Carrier would stay open jammed up with the empty casing from the fired bullet.

4. jamesavery22

jamesavery22

Tried hand cycling rounds from the mags you are using? See if you can feel it hang up when you yank the bolt back.