Need HELP or I may have to give up one of my cats.

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by 1865, Dec 1, 2005.

1. 1865

1865 Ultra-violent

I have 2 cats, both male, both neutered. One is 2 years old, the other is about 14 months old. 4 months ago we moved into a new house with one of my fraternity brothers. Within the last 4-5 weeks the younger of the 2 has started "marking" things. I have used "cat-pee deodorizer" and cat repellent, but it doesn't seem to be having any impact. I have caught him doing it several times and he doesn't seem to have a favorite spot. The only thing I could think of was that I have changed their brand of litter several times since we moved(trying to find the best fit for the new space). Could that cause the problem? Any other ideas? I really need to fix this, my roomate is very patient, but if this isn't fixed soon I'm going to to lose one of my boys. ;1

2. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

Do a google search on cat marking problems, you'll find a wealth of useful information about why cats do this and how you can get them to stop.

3. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

I had a cat that did that. He peed on EVERYTHING. Curatins, bedding, carpet, and even the computer and my leg. We tried everything the vet suggested, nothing worked. We think it was because we had 2 other male cats so he was just doing his natural "territory marking" thing.

So my question would be, in this new house are there any new animals around that he might be intimidated by?

4. MrJinx

MrJinx Cats rule!!!

Could be a sign of uniary tract problem. Rule that out before making an assumption that the elimination problem is behaviorial in nature.