Need help on first Hk purchase!!

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by nvrsmr08, Mar 1, 2010.

1. nvrsmr08

nvrsmr08

I am going to buy my first Hk and its main use will be off duty carry. At this moment I am torn between the USP compact .40 and the P2000 .40 both in LEM V2. At first I was all about the P2000sk but I think the short grip wouldn't be comfortable and I would put the X grips on so if that's the case why not just get the P2000. So I am asking for CCW opinions how they feel IWB while driving etc., dislikes and likes, and size comparisons to Glock 22 that I carry on duty.

2. RocPO

RocPO

I also carry a Glock 22 on duty. My main off duty carry is a USP9 compact. The USP9c is a lot easier to conceal due to the shorter grip, and the thickness is roughly that of a G22. I haven't done a side by side comparison. I carry OWB with a FDO holster and have had no issues with comfort while carrying. It's been my main off duty for the last 3 years. The ambi mag release is a plus.
    Personally, they felt the same, I'd go with whichever I could get cheaper.

3. robotoid

robotoid

I just got my USPc, and I have not yet had time to test it out so I am not carrying it yet. I too went through the P2000/USPc debate. The only differences I could come up with were the adjustable backstraps and light/tac rails. I'm fine without adjustable backstraps and have no intention of running a light on this gun. Additionally, the USPc has the ablility to (with parts exchange/swapped) switch to different trigger modes (DA/SA, Safety/No Safety, C&L, LEM). With the P2000, you either get LEM or DA/SA w/decocker, no changing back and forth. It took me a while to figure out how that decocker on the P2000 v3 worked. I kept trying to push in in rather than down. I went with the USPc as a time proven design with more trigger options and lower/better used purchase prices. Now, if a used P2000 LEM presented itself to me at a reasonable price, I might be having it as well. I'm also impressed enough with the H&K that I will be looking for a used full size USP w/UTL for a bedside gun. Additionally, I just got my flat magazine base plates today and put on one. Putting the USPc w/flat mag next to my Glock 23, they are almost identical in size. I have no problem carrying/concealing the G23, so the USPc should be a breeze once I get some holsters ordered up.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  4. Chowser

Chowser

I've carried both the USP Compact and P2000 off-duty with no problems. It was easy since both were chambered for .357 SIG, so I didn't have to worry about extra mags matching the guns. I usually carried the P2000 on the left hand side since it is the more ambidexterous of the two. Had no problems concealing both weapons at the same time.

5. mesteve2

mesteve2

6. nvrsmr08

nvrsmr08

Well I guess it comes down to price and availability. I don't plan on running a light and I am planning on the LEM model so I will let you guys know which I get and will post pics when day comes.