close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NEED HELP no GYM FOR 9 DAYS

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by Mud, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Mud

Mud

Ok here is the problem my Law Enforcement license expires in like 15 days im going to school to recertify in LE, however there is no GYM there. I have made huge advancements in the past months and dont want to loose my definition or much strength anything i can do to stay Ripped???

2. DBradD

DBradD

So is it 9 days or 15 days? If it's 9 and you've been training hard, you might be surprised to find that you benefit from the time off. I've had this happen a couple of times. I think the same could be said for 15 days. If I were worried about it, I'd just do whatever bodyweight exercises I could think of--pushups, handstand pushups, seated dips, one-legged squats, etc. As usual, I'd be thinking about diet--eating in an undisciplined manner in this strange environment seems to be a bigger pitfall to me.

Good luck.
    DBD

3. Mud

Mud

License expires in 15 days and ill be gone to re train for 9 days

i train 4-5 days a week for 45-90 min depending on muscle group being targeted

4. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

I'm with DBD on most of this. If you have been training hard without a break you most likely benefit from sometime off. Niine days is about the limit I'd feel comfortable taking off. Now, if youn are not ready for time off, perhaps you could purchase some strands or cables and train with those.

5. Armchair Commando

Armchair Commando Long Range Guru

Every 6 months of hard training should be followed by a 2 week rest period. Not including your time off during the regular weeks for recoupement! It's actually very healthy to rest! Like when i get the flu, I wait til its completely gone then take an additional week off training!

6. Drjones

Drjones

I agree that the time off is actually a GOOD thing.

However, I typically keep working out even when I'm sick. I find that keeping active typically helps me fight the cold better.

7. California Jack

Everyone needs time off. But 2 consecutive weeks every 6 months probably won't be right for everyone. Everyone's needs are different. Age, sleep, nutrition, stress, etc. all come into play. I'm glad you found a method that works for you, but please realize it is not the only way nor is it right for all. There is no way I could work out for 6 months without any time off.

8. Jo Mama

Jo Mama

In 9 days you will lose all the progress you made, Sorry...

Just kidding the change will probably do yo some good, go for a run instead.

9. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR Silver Member

In nine days you wont' lose any muscle mass. You might lose some definition, but you walk out of the gym and you lose definition. Take some light dumbbells or cables with you if you're super concerned but I think the time off will help rather than hurt.

10. Armchair Commando

Armchair Commando Long Range Guru

What you say is true about what works for one will not work for another, However it can't hurt for him to try it. This certainly will have 0 Negative Effects. And plus exercising is all about experimenting. Would you agree with me there?

11. California Jack

Maybe, maybe not. I can't say.

It's a major part for sure. And for me, it is a good part of the fun.

However, I think you missed my point. You said;

I was just pointing out that this statement seems to be made as an absolute. There is no way it is true for everyone. I could't take 6 months of hard training without a break. I'm not saying it doesn't work for you nor can't work for others. I'm just saying it isn't the ONLY way.