Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is a gen4. I like it, am comfortable with it and want to start accessorizing..maybe also pick up some spare parts.
I guess g4 because of the shape of the safety. What do you think? While I am at it, when looking at different parts and upgrades, I often see things like "compatible with gen 1-3" - the gen 4 seems to be a different breed. Is that true?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Glock site, gen 3:

Glock site, gen 4:

Glock site, gen 5:

I'm thinking you're on a Gen 3.

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
By the way, although mine is a Gen4, it's my every day carry and a favorite among many of us. Nothing wrong with your Gen 3 either, Great guns.

·
Registered
10,129 Posts
If there is checkering around the finger grooves on the front yours is a Gen 3, if that area is smooth it is a Gen 2.5.
The pic is too small for my eyes to see that area.
Probably a Gen 3.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I think this is a gen4. I like it, am comfortable with it and want to start accessorizing..maybe also pick up some spare parts. View attachment 956905 I guess g4 because of the shape of the safety. What do you think? While I am at it, when looking at different parts and upgrades, I often see things like "compatible with gen 1-3" - the gen 4 seems to be a different breed. Is that true?
Picture is of a gen3. There is no “safety”.

·
NRA Life Member
67,060 Posts
I think this is a gen4. I like it, am comfortable with it and want to start accessorizing..maybe also pick up some spare parts. View attachment 956905 I guess g4 because of the shape of the safety. What do you think? While I am at it, when looking at different parts and upgrades, I often see things like "compatible with gen 1-3" - the gen 4 seems to be a different breed. Is that true?
:unsure:

I don't think that's a Gen 4 safety at all.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
That is a Gen 3.

·
Registered
11,154 Posts
I think it’s a Glock

·
Registered
773 Posts
Gen3 because the thing that goes up is not Gen4.

·
Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
6,286 Posts
I think you are very premature with thoughts of accessorizing your G26 Gen3.

Accumulating some common spare parts isn't a bad idea, but be warned that OEM (factory) parts are very hard to come by these days. Aftermarket parts is a real crapshoot and may cause weapon malfunctions.

Oh, and I see this is your first post here on GlockTalk. Welcome.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts