close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NEED HELP FROM GSSF'ers!!!!! (RE: HEINIE SIGHTS)

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DaleGribble, Sep 7, 2004.

1. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

I was about to install a set of Heinie Slant Pros on my G26 when I managed to drop the front sight screw, it's somewhere in my carpeting, and it's been officially listed as MIA!

So here's the problem. Glock has a screw on the way, but the guy on the phone sounded less than understanding about my predicament, and I have this feeling that the screw probably won't be on the way anytime soon. My phone call to Glock ended with "I'll see if we got any screws around here", which I kind of took to mean that I was probably SOL.

I called Heinie but they're located in Illinois, and the screw wouldn't arrive here by Saturday's GSSF match.

So, if any of my fellow GSSF'ers are headed to Statesville on Saturday and just happen to have an extra screw for a Heinie front sight, can I have it, and I'll just mail you the new screw Heinie sends me sometime within the next two weeks?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

An Aro-Tek screw will also work. I'll check my parts drawer and see. Armorer at the match may be able to fix up right up too.

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I might also have one in my spare parts box, I will check.

4. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Not all front sight screws are the same, be careful not to mess up your front by using one of the wrong thread pitch.

I have extras in stock and can fedex one if you hae no other options.

5. BoomerG20

BoomerG20

Try running a magnet over the carpet where you think the screw is...maybe you will get lucky:)

Boomerg20

6. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Boomer, thanks for the tip, but I've got thick carpeting, and this screw is very small. I spent the better part of three hours on my hands and knees with a flashlight and still had no luck.

Danny and Don, thanks! If ya'll can come through for me, I'd really appreciate it!

Matt, I appreciate the offer, but I don't wanna spend fifteen dollars on a three dollar screw. If worse comes to worse, I'll just do without. When you sell these sights you might want to ask future purchasers if they are very clumsy, if they say yes include an extra screw. ;f ;f ;f

Seriously though, I got the rear on and just set the sight in the slide, and they look good! Thanks for the smooth transaction and the good product! I'm still a happy CGR customer! ^c

7. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

I understand dude. If you change your mind just let me know. Shipping would be at cost of course.

8. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

DaleGribble,

I will take my G22 slide with me that has CGR sites on it that I just bought from Matt two weeks ago. Since I use blue loctite, I can remove the front screw and put on your slide/front site. I'll bring loctite and the wrench and will be there as a back up plan for you. I may have an extra screw if my order arrives on time... if it does not, we can use the screw that in in my G22 slide.

I have some Bomar sites that are recently taken off and if their front screws are compatible, that is another option.

Let me know how you make out...

Take care,
    LG

9. Don At PC

Got you covered. I couldn't find one from a Heinie but I do have one from an old set of Bo-Mars. I will put it in my bag.

We are staying at the Holliday Inn at exit 49A and will be arriving Friday early evening. Should be there for diner. My cell number is 850-896-0846. If you are not staying in the same area and want me to bring it to diner Friday night just let me know.

Don

10. Perry F.

Perry F.

Hey Dale, you got shag carpet??:)

11. GJM89

GJM89

If the magnet dosen't work, put a old pair of panty hose over the wand of your vacuum cleaner and have at it, no charge if you find the screw, also, no charge if you don't. Shag carpet???

12. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I don't think this is that kind of web site Glenn. ;)

13. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

LOL - We'll have to ask Alice how many of her panty hose(s) she's missing!;e ;e ;e

How about a thread on various women's articles we use to help us with our GSSF/Glock habit ... I have used women's nail polish and polish remover, Glenn (it's been implied) put women's panty hose to good use... any other items???

14. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Ahhh... Military training at it's best... always at the ready! Way to go Sir!^c ;? ;? ;?

15. Don At PC

Thanks, Frank. Always happy to help a fellow GT'er. Looking forward to seeing y'al this weekend.;c ;c ;c

16. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Hey Don
    Did you change your cell #????? or are you having a senior moment????

Dan

17. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

DEJ - only Don's son can get away with the "senior moment" comment!

LOL

18. Don At PC

Cell # corrected. The stars are sure out of alignment. Oh---- the joy of growing old. ;f ;f ;c ;c

19. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Thanks for the helpful tips everybody, I appreciate it!

Frank, it sounds like Don has me covered, but I appreciate the offer!

CGR, I knew the shipping would be at my cost. It wouldn't be right for me to expect you to cover the cost of my mistake. That's why I said I didn't want to pay fifteen dollars for a three dollar screw. Anyway, like I said, thanks for the good customer service, it's appreciated!

Don, thanks!!! I'm only about four hours away from Statesville, so I'm just gonna drive up Saturday morning. I should be at the range by 08:30, I'll look for you there. Whenever I make it to one of the dinners I'll be sure to buy you a bottle of aiming fluid! ;c

20. Don At PC

Dale;

No problem, glad to be able to help. ;c