close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need help finding radiator for RF600R

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by MStarmer, Jun 8, 2006.

1. MStarmer

MStarmer In Jail...

I know you guys are good at scrounging stuff so I figured I post this here. I have a friend that rides and older '94 Suzuki RF600R that has a bad radiator. It's been fixed a few times and he's given up on repairing it and needs another. New at Ron Ayers they are $447, well the bike isn't worth putting that much into. Anybody have any leads on a good used one or any other options please let me know. It's killing him missing the riding season.

On a side note can any of those "stop leak" type products be safely used in a water cooled bike? The leak is down to a small drip and I guess it could be an option?

2. BCM

BCM

I have heard of guys using a product call AlumAseal. It has a lubricant for water pump and rust inhibitor. You don't want to add as much as a car or truck but it is suppose to have worked. Its worth a try. try to find a cycle salvage yard, not sure whats in your area, good luck.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Depending on where the leak is, can't he just have the repair shop weld the hole shut?

4. MStarmer

MStarmer In Jail...

fnfalman, That seems to be the problem, been fixed twice and still leaks. He can keep taking it back but he's tired of pulling it on and off and taking it back. Talk about lack of confidence in your bike after that too.

Is that your KTM? Awesome, I've got the dual-sport bug bad and wished I would have bought a V-Strom instead of my new SV :upeyes: of course if I bought the V-strom I would have wished I bought the SV...

What I really want is a BMW R1200GS Adventure!! I haven't had a chance to sit on one yet and it's probably too tall for my chubby vertically challenged physique but it's so freaking cool looking!!

5. Compy

Compy CompensateWhat?

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I wonder what's so hard about welding up a radiator? Is it at a bad spot where the welder can't get the rod to for a good contact point?

And no, the KTM isn't mine. Hopefully by spring of 2007 mine will be available. The R1200GS Adventure is an extremely tall bike with a heavy load of fuel. I don't think that it will be too happy off road. I personally would recommend the regular GS instead of the Adventure. I don't think that the gain in suspension travel and the gigantic fuel tank are worth sacrificing the R1200GS's reknowned handling.

7. Canucksvt

Canucksvt