close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need help finding big cage ??

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by hangmans joke, Jan 19, 2005.

1. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

need help finding a cage, for like a sugar glider with half inch spacing, ive ebayed ( which is last resort) ,googled and yahooed with no luck . i need a cage that over 70 inches tall, 36 inches wide , and 48 inches across. anyone send me in right direction ?? or is it something i should custom build myself?

hj

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Custom build it, of course.

You can use anything from hex fencing (Cyclone fence) to chicken wire fencing to hardware cloth. Lots of options there.

The do-it-yourself route will be far cheaper, too.

I recommend making panels from 3/4" white PVC pipe to the required dimensions, then making a smaller panel to fit into one side. Use that as the door.

Then you can go nuts with self-tapping screws and your hardware cloth or what have you, and you'll be done in no time. Use cable ties or stiff wire to lash the panels together and you are set.

Might I also recommend a remnant from the Linoleum or Office Carpet store to line the cage with? Cheap and very effective.

3. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

try Birdtalk.com's website.........

I know you can get cages for big parrots in their classified sections.......

www.Birdtalk.com

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Thinking...

I remember seeing something when I was hunting a tru-catch trap, but where? Let me think ;g

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Sorry hj. I am not finding anything that big now :(

6. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

no prob ,miss kitty , ty for looking . :)

im prolly gonna build one ,that way i can customize it , a lady who is friends of a friend called me said house she rents out ,the folks took off and left 2 sugar gliders, so asked if i could take them in , so now i must build another cage,lol.

i got a big heart and sucker to help .

hj