close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need help finding a gun book.

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by JesseCuster, Feb 22, 2005.

1. JesseCuster

JesseCuster Army Dude Millennium Member

I used to have a copy of a self-defense book. I bought it from a Carter's Country in Houston, Texas. I have no idea who wrote it and I can't remember the title, and I have lost my copy.

It's very strongly pro-guns for defense (rather than the vast majority who will timidly say "Guns may sound like a good idea to protect yourself, but if you buy one it will jump out of your hand, crack you on the forehead and then set fire to your kitchen").

It had a blue cover. There was a photo on the front of a woman with a Ruger SP101, and a little kid was hiding behind her leg. There was a section on guns for defense, protecting your vehicle from theft, dogs for home security and general companionship. The author seemed to be a little on the nuts side, and just a bit too willing to shoot someone should the occasion arise. However, it was a pretty interesting book and it was my primer into the world of bangsticks.

If anyone could tell me the name of the author or the book, I'd appreciate it.

NM, found it. It's A Matter of Personal Protection by Doug Briggs.