Need help finding a book...

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by TheDVDMan, Mar 8, 2007.

1. TheDVDMan

TheDVDMan Guest

OK, this is driving me nuts - can't remember the name of this book.[​IMG]

Basic plot outline: physic kids, one of which crashes an airplane by taking control of the pilot, are being held captive by the government. One mother hears the mental calls of help from one of the kids, and the rest of the book is her trying to get them out.

Anyone?

I think the author is female, but I'm not 100% sure :sad:

2. brownmajik

brownmajik Guest

3. TheDVDMan

TheDVDMan Guest

Yes, Sole Survivor is a good book...and also not the one I'm thinking of. The story lines are very similar, though.

I think my memories of the book are being contaminated by those of Sole Survivor (I read Sole Survivor shortly after it came out; this book I read back in high school). :upeyes:

Looks like Sole Survivor came out in 2000; the one I'm thinking of probably came out in the 80's. Probably.

Thanks for bring that book up, though! I gotta dig it out and re-read it now...

This book opens with a little girl (?) mentally calling for help, and a mother in a car with several other kids suddenly hearing her and slamming on the breaks. The kids were kept in an almost concentration camp-like environment...

The cover was dark blue/purple, had a little round cut out to show the picture on the page underneath it - which was one of 2 or 3 kids, one blond-haired boy, one girl, and ??.

Odd what we remember sometimes. I can practically see the cover of the book in my mind...minus title/aurthor :sad:

About the only other part of the book I remember is the very end, with several of the mothers together with their now rescued kids. One of the kids asks for a pop, one of the moms is confused, the other mother says something like "Oh, he means a soda"...

At least I hope I'm not remembering Sole Survivor for those parts [​IMG]