close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need help - duty gear

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by sargespd, Feb 14, 2010.

1. sargespd

sargespd

I don't as a rule ask for a lot of help, but here is my situation. I have been unemployed since May 2009, after 23 years as a cop. This week I was sworn in as an unpaid auxilliary officer with a small village PD, which means I get to keep my police certification active. The only problem is that I am required to provide all my own equipment; gun, uniforms, body armor, and duty belt/gear. I am good to go with the uniforms and weapon, but I need a duty belt and accessory gear, and I just don't have the cash right now. If anyone has any of the following they would be willing to pass on to me, I would greatly appreciate it, and will pass it forward in kind or if I have other things to contribute to someone else. Here's what I could use;
    Nylon duty belt, 38 or 40 waist
    Nylon cuff case
    Nylon ASP baton case
    Nylon double magazine case for double stack mags
    Holster, left hand, for G19, or G38 (not sure if .45acp Glock holsters would work, but willing to try.
    Belt keepers
    Nylon radio case
    Nylon pepper spray case

If you have any of these and would consider passing them on to me, or even as a loan which I would return, please let me know. Thanks!
    Randy

2. leadcounsel

leadcounsel

Bump - I'd offer help for you but I don't have any of that gear to pass on to you. I'd also offer to send you a few bucks to help out... but you'd first have to explain why you're taking an unpaid volunteer job when your priorty should be to get a paying job... unless it's to try to get a foot in the door and experience, which would make sense.

I've had hard times before and posted a similar request years ago on a gun forum, and was mocked by most people. Really PO'd me. But a few did offer to help out which I appreciated.

3. Magicmanmb

Magicmanmb RIP BUDDY

Check with LLL He might be able to help with some of the gear.

4. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

Becasue its easier getting an LE job when your POST cert has not expired.

5. sargespd

sargespd

Fair question. I took the unpaid job so that I can keep my Ohio Peace Officer certification active, and because I still enjoy being a cop, and I am not ready to give it up completely. I would gladly take a part time cop job for the same reasons. I don't expect to find a full time job as a cop, since I am 46 years old, and if I were the one doing the hiring, I would be looking for someone young and new, that I could train the way I want for my agency. I worked shift work for 23 years, and don't really want to go back to it the way it was. By working part time or auxiliary, I can still do something I love and share my experience with younger officers. My priority is definitely finding a new career, and I do have a ton of applications out and have sent resumes far and wide, so far no bites. I have already been offered a seasonal job, which I accepted while I keep looking, but it will be a while before any money comes in from that, so here I am. I hope this makes sense. Life throws curveballs at you sometimes, I just keep swinging till I hit one.

6. paintballwannab

paintballwannab

Where in OH are you located at.

7. sargespd

sargespd

I'm in the northern suburbs of Cincinnati. Springdale Ohio, right on the i-275 loop.

8. Magicmanmb

Magicmanmb RIP BUDDY

Wishing you luck in your job hunt. Same reason I kept up my ceu's for LEO in SC & WV. To old to have a go at the academy again. You also might have luck in Cop Talk section. If I had any extra I'd let you have it. But I have one dept. with nylon and another that insists on the hi-gloss leather. Just be glad they supplied your badge. To keep mine I had to purchase all, including a set of dress blues and duty weapon that allowed Sigmas but not Glocks.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  9. mlk18

mlk18

Send me a PM. I can help you out with some of what you need if you are willing to use leather.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  10. PTRJason

PTRJason

PM Sent I have about half of the gear.

11. sniper1moore

sniper1moore

Give me an update as to what you still need I have some stuff Uncle Mikes nylon duty gear laying around.Ken

12. AFshooter

AFshooter

sargespd,
    I sew LE and Tactical nylon gear. Let me know what you still need, as I have many serviceable prototypes laying around.

13. sargespd

sargespd

I want to thank everyone who has responded to my request. I think I have pretty much everything I need, thanks to the generosity of those here on GlockTalk. Just waiting for the packages. I will check when I have them in hand to make sure I have what I need. I am grateful to those who have agreed to send things, and equally grateful to those of you who have made offers. I will let you know how things work out. God bless all of you.

14. Ajon412

Ajon412

Best of luck Brother....

15. floorburn_21

floorburn_21 Medium speed, some drag.

If you need anything after you recieve your packages pm me and I'll see what I have. My uncle gave me a bunch of his nylon stuff and I couldn't say no respectfully. All of the departments around me require leather so I have no use for it really except as a backup. I am still looking for a LE job so I know how you are feeling and will help if I can. Good luck from MN brother.

16. jsjdjn

jsjdjn

I have a Nylon duty belt.... Its all yours

17. kittyhawk

kittyhawk

I have a safariland 6004 for a g-19-23-32 I'll loan you if you want.
    Just let me know I have a duty belt but I check the size and it is a 34-36.
    Just drop me a email I don't check pm's very often.

Happy to help a brother LEO.

Dave

18. drumr04

drumr04

Hey if you find you're still short a few items I've got a ton of nylon gear collecting dust in my closet. I'm in northern KY.

19. crazypilot

crazypilot ERAU Alumni '05

Good luck to you. If I had any of this equipment, I'd hand it over.

20. texasbatman

texasbatman CLM

Good luck too you. I would happily send you something if I had it........no questions asked. I wish you the best in your hunt.

Jim