Need Help Appraising Some Gen1/Gen2 Glocks

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Mr_Bojenkals, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Mr_Bojenkals

Mr_Bojenkals

Hey guys,
    So I was testing the waters with selling one my 17 Gen1's to fund something else. I found an interested buyer and we started to go through the process, pictures, location, etc. We got to talking about my collection and when he discovered what I had, he offered to buy my whole collection. Now, my collection is obviously special to me, but there are no holy grail 17 or 19 gen1's in here. Nothing is set in stone, no deal yet, and I love my collection. But knowing what I know now about these older Glocks, I may have made a few different decisions with my purchases. If I decide to let them go, I could use your help with some pricing. I am only considering this due to the circumstances I'm in right now, and would not consider taking the time to list each one individually. As I said, I was really only looking to sell one 17(CH***), and then I was presented with this situation/opportunity. So now it's either all or none.

Heres what's on the menu:
    -Glock 17 Gen1(CH***)-upgraded internals, box, 1preban mag, 1 promag, Looks like slide has been refinished/repainted black.
    -Glock 17 Gen1(CU***)-seems upgraded, og box w/ label I havent seen before, manual, 2 preban mags, Slide looks original
    -Glock 19 Gen 2(GR***)(Austrian proofed)- original black internals, box, 2 preban mags,
    -Glock 19 Gen 2(APX***)-upgraded internals, og box w/ label, 2 preban mags

FS Four Glocks InBox.jpg FS G17's InBox.jpg FS G19's InBox.jpg FS G17 Gen1 w_Manual.jpg FS G17 Black Slide box.jpg FS G19's Side.jpg FS G'19's Ejection.jpg

I have already spouted off a price to him for all four at $1600+shipping. However I may have lost a little sleep over it. After some consideration I feel hard pressed to let them go for that. Now I'm leaning a little closer to that $1800-2000 mark. This is where I need your help and experience. Did I initially come in too low, and should I renegotiate? Is it worth potentially losing the sale over $200-400? Am I asking too much? Is my initial offer a fair price? Keep or sell?? Based on our conversation, the buyer doesn't seem to know or care much about internal colors, proof marks, etc. It seems he just likes older Glocks, who knows. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

2. Doctadodge

Doctadodge

Personally I would not go less than $2g.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Mr Meeseeks and Mr_Bojenkals like this.

3. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Well look up the price in gun Values book, and go from there.

Mr_Bojenkals likes this.
  4. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

It’s worth more. G19’s like yours are worth 400-450 with box and no papers, but you have original mags which are with something extra.

The gen 1’s are definetly with north of 500 a piece.

Mr_Bojenkals likes this.
  5. Marcus99

Marcus99

My opinion:

CH is worth $600ish. CU is worth $700ish. GR is worth $600-700. APX is worth $550-600ish.

$1,600 + shipping is a bit lower than I'd sell such a collection for, but it isn't an unreasonable discounted price given he is buying the entire lot. $1,800-2,000 is a more appropriate discounted lot selling price, in my opinion.

Mr_Bojenkals likes this.
  6. geefal

geefal

your low on pricing. Marcus99 is closer.

Mr_Bojenkals likes this.
  7. michaelrm69

michaelrm69

I have already spouted off a price to him for all four at $1600+shipping. However I may have lost a little sleep over it. After some consideration I feel hard pressed to let them go for that. Now I'm leaning a little closer to that $1800-2000 mark. This is where I need your help and experience. Did I initially come in too low, and should I renegotiate? Is it worth potentially losing the sale over $200-400? Am I asking too much? Is my initial offer a fair price? Keep or sell?? Based on our conversation, the buyer doesn't seem to know or care much about internal colors, proof marks, etc. It seems he just likes older Glocks, who knows. Any and all help is greatly appreciated![/QUOTE]

You do seem low for the 4, but you did already quote a price to the guy. If going back on your word is worth $200-400, ask for more. $2k would still be a good price for the 4 with the way prices are on these things lately.

8. R3508

R3508 Curmudgeon

I've seen nice gen 1 G17s go for $800+ $500 each for your collection is very fair.
    Keep a gen 1, they are getting harder to come by. Here's mine.
    20171203_145441.jpg

Mr_Bojenkals likes this.
  9. JoeBud07

JoeBud07

Yeah, at $1600, that’s close to a “buy 3, get 1 free” sale. If no money has changed hands, you can still back out or renegotiate.

10. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

IMO if you’ve offered him a price...you’ve offered him a price. Stick to it. If you’d offered me one price then changed it, I’d lose all interest.

L.A.Tactical, Seale Team and ejjeff like this.
  11. Mr_Bojenkals

Mr_Bojenkals

I appreciate the input guys. I apologize for not getting back sooner, school and work has definitely kept me busy. After talking more with the potential buyer, I learned him and a buddy were actually in the market for a Gen1 17 and Gen2 19; hence he inquired about the package deal. They must have felt as if they struck gold when I disclosed that I had all of them in one place. Anyhow, as it sits right now I still have my collection, and still adding to it with three more Gen2's on the way. What can I say, I'm addicted.:freak:. I do like the idea of some extra capital to fund a couple more pieces for the collection, as I'm on the hunt for a few safe queens to stow away. We'll see how it plays out, I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks again for the help!

12. Mr_Bojenkals

Mr_Bojenkals

Very nice! Yea, I think I may end up keeping the more "original" gen 1, and parting with the other.

13. Jesuvuah

Jesuvuah

It's funny how these things work. I think old glocks are cool, but would never spend money on one.

Value truly is in the eye of the beholder.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Mr_Bojenkals likes this.
  14. geefal

geefal

I have a couple of different occupations.

One of them is high end collectibles/antiques.

Funny thing is, I spend half the year looking for/buying/selling items I wouldn't give 10 bucks for, because I have zero interest in spending my money on those items (other than as an item I can resell).

But others do, and god bless em, as it gives me the funds to spend on items THEY wouldn't give 10 bucks for.

Funny world.

Mr_Bojenkals likes this.
  15. Mr_Bojenkals

Mr_Bojenkals

I couldn't agree with you guys more. It's funny how these things work. You know what they say...one mans junk....