close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need Guidance, Mentor in SF Bay Area

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by C5Racer, May 7, 2003.

1. C5Racer

C5Racer

I have been a long time collector and owner of many Glock pistols. I have one in almost every caliber. I joined the GSSF last year in the hopes of competing in the next local competition. That would be the Richmond, California event in September 2003. I have been practicing but, I need advice for a first timer. What Categories should I compete in? Which Glocks would/should I use for Competition? Where can I practice in the local area that would prepare me better for a GSSF competition? I could really use some guidance from some locals that may have competed in this particular competition before or at the very least point me in the right direction. Please feel free to email me directly with any tips, or suggestions.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Walnut Creek, California

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Steve,

Welcome to the GSSF Forum.

GSSF categories are for stock Glocks, except the Unlimited/Masters Category.

I suggest you use your G19 in AM/Civ. You may use your G30 or G33 in Subcompact category, but the 9 round magazine of the G33 may be a disadvantage. All stages can be shot 9+1, but sometimes you may need round 11. You may use any of your stock Glocks in Competition Category, a class designed for long slide and factory compensated Glocks.

Try to get some D-1 targets for practice. They will help you get used to the scoring rings. I use paper plates to ractice the plate rack.

Be familiar with the three stages an practice them. They are described in detail in the Glock Report and at www.gssfonline.com

Check out the stage videos at www.sportshooter.com

Bring 150 rounds per entry and a folding chair.

Rule 1--have a good time;)