close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need Good Holster for IDPA and IPSC, Glock 23

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Grim Reaper, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper

I was wanting to try a IDPA match next Saturday with my Glock 23, and with all the confusion over holsters I was curious if anyone had a holster recommendation that will likely work for both IDPA and IPSC.

I'm a newbie at this and wasn't looking at spending to much, but want something that would work for both and be legal.

I would also be in need of mag pouches.

I have a Kramer IWB clip on, but don't believe that it's legal from what I've read.

Thanks for any help.

Grim

2. vtecrx

vtecrx

I would not buy anything until IDPA releases the clarifications that are supposed to come this week.

Andy

3. Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper

I've heard about the clarifications due out, but wasn't sure if they would be out in time to purchase before the shoot on 01/22 and thought there might be a decent option out there to try without sinking to much $$$ into.

Thanks though

4. vtecrx

vtecrx

I have a DeSantis Tac Pro Kydex paddle that is legal under the new IDPA rules which I paid $33 for. I also have a CTAC that I used the IDPA match last sunday. As for a mag carriers I am partial to 2 single comp-tac cariers so I could not tell you of some of the other alternatives becuse I have not tried ny others or checked the for IDPA legality. You might want to look at fobus though.

5. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

As I am not up on the idpa "new" holster rules, I don't know what it takes to be legal there but whatever you get, as long as it holds the gun securely & covers the trigger guard, it should be good for uspsa matches. MLM

6. gmshtr

gmshtr

I used to use a safariland 560 for IDPA/USPSA Production, but I'm not fat enough for that holster to be legal in IDPA anymore. My new IDPA holster is a Safariland 6280, but that's probably not going to work for everyone. You can probably see why here

Anyway, I was always happy with my 560. It worked pretty good for concealment, too. Imagine that! ;Q

Phil