close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NEED GLOCK ARMORER IN NH

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kewag, Oct 21, 2003.

1. kewag

kewag Shooter Ready?

Can anyone recommend a good Glock certified armorer in southern NH?

The slide lock on my Glock 36 blew out through the right side of the frame while shooting this past Sunday (this is the slide lock used for disassembling the slide for cleaning, not the slide catch). One of the instructors in the course I was attending indicated it was likely a small spring holding the slide lock in the frame. I'm looking for local Glock armorer to replace the part/otherwise fix the problem and go over the pistol to ensure its safe to use.

The whole incident is a little disappointing given Glock's purported reputation for reliability digesting tens-of-thousands of rounds with minimal maintenance. My G36 only had 4,200 rounds through it! I had the visiting armorer at a local GSSF match go over it in July. It had about 2,700 rounds though it back then and he replaced just the recoil spring.

Has anyone else experienced any problems with their Glocks ejecting the slide lock lever? I depend on this pistol as my primary carry gun.

PLEASE, despite venting some of my own frustration here I'm not seeking to start a pro/con debate on Glocks versus [insert gun of choice] in this thread. Just looking for a qualified armorer to get my Li'l Thumper back up-and-running.

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. GlocksterJeff

GlocksterJeff Glock Armorer

There are a bunch of them no doubt, but the one listed by Glockmeister's website is:

WOLFEBORO
    Timothy E. Thompson
    16 Baas Drive
    Wolfebore NH 03894
    603-569-4896 (leave message if no answer)
    tt278@worldpath.net
    Certification verified and on file. 01.2001.

(This part is also easy to fix yourself if you have a replacement spring.)

3. mleeber

mleeber

Same thing happened to my brother-in-law but his 19 had about 15,000 rounds through it. The week after he got the spring fixed the slide cracked. Glock sent him a whole new gun in trade. I have been meaning to add the little spring to my parts kit...glad I saw your post!

Mark

4. CJan_NH

CJan_NH

5. FireFighter

FireFighter

Rick Devoid at Tarnhelm Arms in Boscawen has an excellent reputation.