close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Need feedback on this deal...or is it?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Predator1, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Predator1

Predator1

I have been offered a G 23 with 2 mags, adjustable rear sight, grip plug and grip extension for $420

Also been offered a SIG 239 .40 2 mags.

Both are in excellent condition and both fit me well. Which do you think is the better deal from a cost standpoint.

I like 'em both and would buy both but....finate resources. My purpose is concealed carry and associated practice only.

Thanks

2. badbilly429

badbilly429

in michigan brand new the glock 23 is $500 all day, and the plug is like $5 and the mag extension is like $5

brand new sig 239 is about $550

hope this helps, id buy the glock

3. switch625

switch625 S. S. Squirrel

a used 23 in tx goes for $400. nib they are $430-440. don't know about the sig.

i'd buy the glock if it's in exc cond with low # of rds fired and he'll knock off $20.

the glock will be easier to maintain, easier to find parts/holsters for, easier to conceal because it's lighter, outstanding reliability/rugedness and cheaper.

4. Chedderboy

Chedderboy

Come on dude... You're asking everyone at the GLOCK TALK FORUM which to buy... a Glock or Sig...

That's kinda funny eh?

Hands down on the Glock.. Much more durable, standard capacity magazines available (13 rounders), and decent on weight...

I've never been impressed with SIG, but they have an outstanding reputation as well.

It comes down to: which feels better in your hand?

Good luck!

5. McGee23

McGee23

I would have to vote the Sig. But then again I already have a 23. The Sig is a little higher in cost new or used and has a single colomn mag compared to a double stack. Easier to hold if you have a smaller hand. Truth is they are vastly different as far as grip angles go. There's alot of folks who like the feel of Sigs and a lot that don't. Same goes for Glocks. I tend to treat my Glocks much ruffer than my Sig. Get what ever feels more comfortable for you. Bottom line. If you can, you should shoot both. The Sig may be easier for you to control in a 40 and the extra 5oz may help.

6. jeremy54b

jeremy54b Merely Here...

One word resounds off the walls;) GLOOOOOCCCCCKKKKK. That is a steal, at least in my eyes;) jeremy