close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need Feedback on HS2000/XD

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by southplinker, Nov 25, 2006.

1. southplinker

southplinker

Mga Sir, kayo what do you think about the HS2000/XD. I know the Glocks are tested and all but it just doesn't feel right whenever I try one, specifically the G23.

The HS2000 on the other hand, swak na swak at tama ang pakiramdam pag hinawakan. I heard the good and the bad from the HS2000/XD the only downside I can think of is the parts here in the Phil.

Kung sa U.S. you need to bring it back sa SA kung may sira, ano pa kaya dito....watcha think???

TIA!!!!

2. vega

vega

It really depends on what kind of malfunction. One needs to send the unit back if you need to replace:
    1) Firing pin
    2) Extractor
    3) Ejector
    4) Firing pin safety
    5) Locking block
    6) Firing pin spring
    7) Firing pin safety spring
    8) I forgot
    9) I forgot

They are saying for safety reason. I asked for FP retaining pin before and they one free of charge. My recoil spring will also be replaced free of charge in case in breaks down.

Why not ask HS dealer if they have enough parts just in case you need replacement. The first one you need to replace is the Firing pin reataining pin, ie, if you do a lot of dry firing without snap cap.

[​IMG]

If you think the XD is right for you then go get one. The XD has better grip than Glock (IMO), my son use my XD9 for competition and I use the G22.

3. southplinker

southplinker

Thanks a lot Vega!

Any issues with you locking block yet like having cracks?

Anyone else have any good or bad experience with the HS/XD?

TIA!!!

4. emac

emac

parang ganito yan pare.....yung Glock ang pinakasalan mo dahil sa kaniyang mga magagandang katangian........pero nandyan palagi si HS2000/XD na capable din sa mga katangian ni Mrs......pero after using XD....you are always required to go back to Glock:hugs: :hearts: :banana: :laughabove: :supergrin: ;)

5. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Go get it. If it feels right in your hands and you shoot great with it then that's all the reason you need. If you take care of your gun and use the right ammo matagal naman 'yan bago masira. Just order extra mags in advance para pag release ng unit mo kasama na. Oh, and order accessories like holsters etc. in advance too because stuff for the XD/HS is hard to come by. SOE had a couple of Blackhawk CQC holsters for XD a few weeks ago pero naubos kaagad. I think Makati issued a few XD's to some lucky LEO's and sila umubos ng holsters!

6. vega

vega

And I believe Saki is one of them.
    Those locking block issues are more prone on 40s but I do believe SA corrected the problem. I'm not really sure how but you might want to search here, XD Talk .

If you want the 40 just don't shoot hot loads. You'll be surprise how recoil is manageable on XD40 as compared to G23.

On the FP retaining pin, you can buy that at Ace hardware or any local hw stores.

Goodluck with your choice.

Pustahan ang bagsak nyan both firearms.

7. nelany

nelany

Mga bro pa join ha!

Kung parts ang habol mo check out ang Stronghand sila ang distributor ng HS2000 sa Pinas. Yung last na tanong ko sa kanila ay meron silang complete na replacement parts.

Corrected na nila yung cracking sa block. New one is using na yung new block design. Mine was replaced by Stronghands free since under warranty pa. You won't be able to see the crack unless you see feedback of the other XD user in the US.

Here is my XD2000 9mm, more than 1K na ang naubos na bala niyan and so far walang problema except yung locking block.

[​IMG]

8. southplinker

southplinker

emac

Tell me about Sir, I get that alot from my friend to just get the Glock that it's been tested already and stuff but I just can't get over the feel of it...

bikethief

As much as I want to buy accessories, ala na pambile:animlol: I guess it would be heading to a safe place here in my room since baka by the time ma release ang unit eh gun ban na, baka sa July ko na maputok yun.

vega

wow! "On the FP retaining pin, you can buy that at Ace hardware or any local hw stores"

Salamat sa tipid tips sir! BTW, where in Socal are you from? Damn believe or not I miss the traffic on the 91 Freeway.:animlol:

nelany

Thanks for the info on the locking block, it's good to know that they fixed it.

Hey I've been lurking at XDTALK and found a couple of user that cut down their grip to the size of the SC, may gumawa na ba nun dito?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ganda din kasi ng Sub-Compact eh! Ahhhhhh!!!!! Mas lalong gumugulo isep ko!!! hehehehehe!!!!!

Salamat sa lahat!!!!

9. toxic

toxic

so you're in HS/XD talk..used to be a member there but i forgot my password already:supergrin: ..Anyway the only complain i came across about the XD/HS is that madali daw kalawangin, which i strongly think ,can be prevented by proper cleaning and lube.

welcome to BOG's Southplinker and Nelany

10. nelany

nelany

Salamat Toxic sa welome.

Wala pa akong alam na nag cucut ng grip dito. Instead of cutting the grip of the service why not just buy the subcompact.

I'm just using Eezox lubricant and so far wala naman rust.

11. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

hi there southplinker ( does it mean you're a lefty too?)! got a hs2000 9mm issued sidearm, carried it for 3years, changed it because i went back to my first love the colt 1911.45, though i had a second thought of doing that. it's a very fine gun and i love it's ergonomics, the trigger pull, the accuracy, and the reliability, though i didn't shoot it much. if you're a south paw the magazine catch is ambi (though i still prefer the trigger finger ejecting the mag). in my few practices at the range, i experienced less than 5 jams because of bloated shells (reloads), so it's not really a malfunction. the other issue is the finished, because the holster then is so hard to look for, i carried it inside-the-waistband (iwb) without holster and it caused corrosions on one side facing my body, still not really the hs's fault. parts wouldn't be a problem at all, actually the necessity of parts is if you want to modify it and use it for competition which is not a normal use for any guns. therefore the gun is perfect, just you use it properly and with proper maintainance it will work well and definitely will last! :thumbsup:

hi there nelany! welcome to BOG!:wave:

12. VICARA

VICARA

welcome to BOGs southplinker and nelany
    XD in the US comes with the free gear: double mag pouch, holster & mag loader including 2 mags. If its the same package they're offering there, you should get the whole enselada unless the local dealers are selling them seperately.

Check here

A gun store in Vegas let me tried the XD45 and used up the whole box of 50 rounds before I made my last purchase. It was, like you said, "swak and tama pakiramdam". Almost got it but I end up picking another 1911 which was on sale.

Go for it! If you buy another gun this time, you will not get a good night sleep until you get what want.

13. southplinker

southplinker

Salamat din Toxic sa pag welcome:thumbsup:

Nelany baka ksi hindi ko ma control palag ng .40 sa Sub Compact kaya decided to go with the Service one. uhhmm, sayang din yung konting konting length nung barrel sa Service:supergrin:

14. southplinker

southplinker

Nope not a lefty Sir, I think it's more of a concealment issue why some cut their grip to SC size.

Well it's good to know that the HS is reliable from your experience:thumbsup:

15. foxyyy

foxyyy

@southplinker

if you want, you can get the springfield-armory xd40 (service) i ordered. if only i wasn't bitten by the 1911 bug, i would be shooting the xd40. am impressed with its design. you won't be dissapointed! =)

just pm me if ur interested ;)

16. nelany

nelany

Mga bros thank you sa pag welcome.

Yung tactical ay mas mahaba ng 1 inch sa service. Yung XD ay distributed ng Springfiled at meron kasamang accessories while yung sa atin dito na HS2000 ay walang other accessories except yung 2 mags at yung case and still mas mahal kaysa sa US.

Just get the 9mm sub compact if yung recoil ang problema.

17. Kiddo

Kiddo

Can you use HS2000 parts on the Springfield XD?

18. vega

vega

Yes, HS2000 and SA XD are one and the same.
    Springfield armory is the official distributor of HS in the US hence the pistols have SA stamping.

19. toxic

toxic

ditto

In the US, Springfield armory accepts repairs and modification on HS using XD parts kasi nga they are the same pistol but that is in the US of A dyan sa ating Bansa medyo malabo or mahirap mangyari ang ganyan.

foxy how long is the slide ng xd40 service?
    tungsten ba yung guide rod and how many mag cap/
    thanks.

20. foxyyy

foxyyy

nabenta na pala yong XD40..it's 4-inches. meron pa available XD9 with XD Gear at 43k + licensing.