close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need car cover advice?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Eric2340, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

Since we just had that nice thread on what everyone is driving :) and there seem to be more than a few "car people" here w/ some nicer than daily driver toys, I figured this is the place to ask. :)

I need to buy a new car cover for a car I have that unfortunately is being stored outside in the So. Fla weather, meaning, heat, rain, and a lot of moisture. :( The good thing is it's an older car I am in the process of sloooooowly restoring, so protecting the paint and interior fabric pieces are NOT an issue at this time.

I had what I believe (and it's been years now) a "Wolf" brand cover on it forever, and it did a good job when it was new, but I honestly can NOT remember what it was, and it has now deteriorated to the point that it's fallen apart, and there were no visible brand or make markings left on it to just get another. :(

So basically I want something good but not great, I don't want to just go w/ one of those Wal Mart or auto parts store covers that are nothing more than a fitted sheet to fit over it either. My budget for this is $200, and again moisture and heat are the two biggest enemies until I can get it back into covered storage again.

Thanks!

Eric :)

2. Eric2340

No one?

Anyone?

Bueler, Bueler, Bueler....................................... :(

3. Crazy KD

Crazy KD

I had one once and gave up using it because it was a PITA. It always left the car filthy underneath it because it 'breathed'. In your application I could see the value in one though.

Take a look at this web site as I've had good luck buying car stuff from them in the past.

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/indooroutdoor-car-covers.cfm

4. cphilip

cphilip

Your not in a situation that you can have a Aluminum car port installed for it?

5. Lithium

Lithium

but if you are storing it outside, UV will eat is up no matter how much you spend.

I would suggest a quality cover that has at least three layers. Make sure it has hoops for a lock so someone doesn't walk off with your car cover :whistling:

6. Eric2340

Nope.

Sitting in front of house in semi-circle only shaped drive way. Carport or garage NOT an option. :(

7. Eric2340

Paint and fabric is NOT an issue at this point. Saving dash pad, yes.

Again, this is just for med level protection more than anything else. That and a deterrent to keep prying eyes away from what is sitting there.

8. Chiefret

Chiefret

Here's the one I got for my Jeep. http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/60A3835A0A0.aspx

The environment is a bit different here in NM than FL. My main reason for using a cover was mainly to protect the interior from UV rays.

BTW, I have had this this cover for about three years with no appreciable wear

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012