Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need suggestions for good appendix carry holsters. I tried putting my CBST up there and the clips come off and up throughout the day. Spend a lot of time seated so comfort is an issue as well and concealment is a very close second. So what do you guys have??

·
NRA Life Member
571 Posts
KNJ CO 8 (that model fits the G19/G26 with the CrimsonTrace LG 436) It is a great fit. Good retention too. You can find a model that will serve your needs also I suspect.
Contact them at the link below and ask.

1. The heavy metal belt clip is NOT going to come off. Trust me, once on, it isn't going anywhere unless you make considerable effort to remove it.

2. The belt clip is wide, so it tends not to tilt forward or back when wearing it. And since it rides / carries the weapon LOW to the belt line, very little of the Glock sticks up above the belt. It just locks into place, out of sight. OK, not the fasted draw but you cannot find an IWB carry that hides any better. T-Shirt out ... weapon invisible. I mean I N V I S I B L E and I don't have a roll of waist fat to help hide it.

3. Canvas material. So it is priced reasonable and is very comfortable all day, sitting, driving, bending over ... very comfortable.

4. Cost reasonable, like $15. I have one for each pair of pants I normally wear in the week so I don't have to take it off to move to another pair I might be wearing out in the yard or to my jeans shorts.

Quality is far above Uncle Mike. And I've also tried leather (some pretty expensive) along with the CrossBreed Supertuck (have two of those). All were just OK but tended to be uncomfortable after a day or in the case of Uncle Mike, move around on my waist or come off the belt completely. Cheap plastic belt clips.

Info and recommendations for KNJ: contact them here:

http://knjmfg.com/id3.html

and give them your gun model and if you have an LG laser for example. You will not be sorry if you want the most stable, comfortable and virtually invisible holster for appendix carry. I wear mine all day and for the first time, I actually do forget I even have it on. No break in. No getting used to it. I mean really ... no pretending it is OK when it is not.

I ran across the distributor at a Tucson gun show. Told him what I owned and he went right to the correct model for that setup (and it didn't say it fit Glock on the bag the holster was in). But he knew and he was right. Now all my shooting pals are outfitted with the exact same rig and they are still in a state of disbelief that true concealment in a super comfortable appendix carry holster can be so easy and reasonably priced.

Just remember, the weapon and holster ride low inside the waist band (or my setup does) so if "quick draw" is your thing, you may prefer something with a higher ride. I figure I'll carry for years, draw once if ever and if a couple of extra seconds will change my survival rate ... really how likely is that?

I am 5' 11" and weigh in at 167 lbs. I normally wear a 34" waist trouser but buy 36" trousers for my IWB carry needs ... FYI.

I've got a drawer of holsters, some expensive that I tried before I found this one ... guess the kids will have to figure out what to do with them all someday. My hunt for my perfect holster is finally over.

$15. What is the downside risk anyway?

·
FYPM
5,596 Posts
I am no expert on aiwb. However, I have a very useful (and cheap) holster for you to look into. I sort of accidentally came into possession of a High Noon Mr. Softy for my G26 and it has become an indispensible part of my carry gear. As the name suggests, this holster is very soft because the leather is very thin. It has a large, very stout single metal clip that tenaciously holds to any width or thickness belt. It works well anywhere on the dial: sob, 3:00, 1:00, cross draw, anywhere really. Perhaps best of all, it is the fastest mounting holster I could ever imagine because it's thin, soft, flexible and clamps like a bulldog. For this reason, I primarily use it as a car holster. But it is small, it conceals easily and is very comfortable because it doesn't get in the way wherever you where wear it.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Mr_Softy/_mr_softy.html

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah. my fault I should have said, needs to have reinforced mouth to reholster. Thanks guys keep the info coming!

·
Registered
16,121 Posts
I have several FIST ultra thin kydex holsters for various models and a High Noon Mr. Softee holster. All work equally well in appendix carry.

Comfort is highly subjective. People swear by the Cross Breed holster and I sent mine back. Comfort for me in appendix carry means the end of the holster doesn't cut into the bend at the hip and leg.

·
Banned
2,195 Posts
I am no expert on aiwb. However, I have a very useful (and cheap) holster for you to look into. I sort of accidentally came into possession of a High Noon Mr. Softy for my G26 and it has become an indispensible part of my carry gear. As the name suggests, this holster is very soft because the leather is very thin. It has a large, very stout single metal clip that tenaciously holds to any width or thickness belt. It works well anywhere on the dial: sob, 3:00, 1:00, cross draw, anywhere really. Perhaps best of all, it is the fastest mounting holster I could ever imagine because it's thin, soft, flexible and clamps like a bulldog. For this reason, I primarily use it as a car holster. But it is small, it conceals easily and is very comfortable because it doesn't get in the way wherever you where wear it.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Mr_Softy/_mr_softy.html
question about the clip. Is the clip tight enough to pull the muzzle end of the pistol away from your body and more towards the pants?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I always appendix-carry with a FIST K-8 IWB/canatble/tuckable. Tried many others in appendix position, but always come back to the FIST. I'm wearing it as I type this with a GLOCK 30 and it's most comfortable, at least for me.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
250 Posts
Desantis Tuck This with my XD.

Replaced the stock belt clip with a spare metal Crossbreed clip.

·
packn'Thunder
171 Posts
Bladetech Nano with a Wilderness Tactical Instructor's Belt.

I adjusted the loops to do a straight drop center-line or appendix carry on my HK P2000.

Thin enough to just plain work.

:supergrin:

________

H&K forum member no. 386

The road to redemption is many, not always peaceful.

·
Registered
63 Posts
For deep concealment and appendix carry in general I've been using the MIC holster. It does allow the gun to move a bit if you don't have one of those belt clips on your slide but I haven't had any problems so far. This holster is designed exactly for the type of carry you speak of.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts