Need an expert: Tac Sol slide stuck on frame

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CCBBKK, Feb 22, 2013.

1. CCBBKK

CCBBKK

With the price of ammo, I decided to get an AA conversion and a Tactical Solutions conversion. I went to one of my ranges, installed the Tac Sol slide onto my Glock 34 frame and found out that I am unable to release the striker. I have a Vanek classic trigger in the frame. Charlie Vanek does these triggers with a overtravel stop. Well, it looks like the overtravel stop is stopping the trigger bar sooner than what it takes to release the striker in the Tac Sol slide. Normally when something like this happens, you can slide the cover plate off and remove the entire firing pin assembly. Unfortunately, the Tac Sol slide does not have a cover plate. It is just a solid wall on the back. I did Glock's armorer course, but man, I am sheet out of ideas. Anyone have any ideas, short of grinding away the firing pin lug. Haha. Thanks guys.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  2. Clusterfrack

Clusterfrack

Bummer! I have a Vanek trigger and was going to get one of those Tac Sol conversions, so I'll be following your thread with interest. Good luck.

3. CCBBKK

CCBBKK

Figured it out. There is a small opening on the back of the Tac Sol slide just big enough to slip a 1/16" punch into it and press down on the trigger bar cruciform to release the trigger.

This was on a Gen 4 with a Vanek trigger. I'll try it on my Gen 3 that also has a Vanek in it to see if that works.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  4. Clusterfrack

Clusterfrack

Good to hear it worked out. Thanks for posting.

5. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the TS slide conversions generation specific?

6. CCBBKK

CCBBKK

Advantage Arms as two versions, one for Gen 1, 2, 3 and one for Gen 4. The Tactical Solutions conversion fits all generations.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013