need advive on LED laptop screen

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by mikegun, Mar 12, 2010.

1. mikegun

mikegun

Who makes a good LED screen on a laprop and do they make that much differance?

2. Linux3

Linux3

Tough question as I don't think who a manufacturer of laptops lists who makes their LED displays. And, what's good?
    I have never seen a Sony laptop that didn't have a beautiful display, for color, text may not be the best.
    MACs usually have very clear and crisp displays in the smaller sizes.
    A Dell Latitude which is their business line will have a display that makes text look sharp while the Inspiron, consumer line, usually looks vivid and bright. I am usually a fan of Dell displays, both in laptops and desktops.
    I have a Lenovo 'T' series and it's a mat finish high resolution display that everyone I know likes but colors are less vivid than my friend's Sony.
    I think generally you do get what you pay for in a laptop display.

I've spent years staring at displays and been involved in image assessment and movie special effects and what looks OK to me may have nothing to do with what's acceptable to you.

Not much help, I know.

3. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

I like anti-glare screens on laptops. The other choice is glossy screens and the glossy screens can be hard to see in many types of lighting. Certain room lights and sunlight can be factors. A glossy screen can make colors look "sharper" on cheap screens but the glare on them in many positions offsets any gain of glossy screens. Anti-glare screens are much easier to read. I don't care about how sharp and crisp colors look on my laptops. I prefer to be able to read the screen wherever I choose to sit.

4. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

dupe ...............

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  5. Linux3

Linux3

Doh, anti-glare, that's the word I was looking for.
    Not mat, anti-glare. And I so agree.

Senior moments are coming more and more often.

6. mikegun

mikegun

I do know this,several thvs now have LED screens, Best picture u will ever see, but they are over 2 grand,,,,,,,,re laptop i know assus makes LEd in all their screens,its quite nice,,,and i know they make a good laptop as well...I MENT LED INSTEAD OF LCD

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010