Need advise choosing a .45 ACP suppressor host

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BroncoAZ, Feb 26, 2017.

1. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

All,

With the pending arrival of my Silencerco Octane 45HD suppressor, I need to choose a .45 ACP host pistol. I will eventually be buying a FNX 45 Tactical, but I would also like a Glock .45 ACP host. I already have a Glock 17 host for my 9mm suppressor and I plan on getting a KKM threaded barrel for my Glock 40 MOS (already purchased the 9/16-24 piston).

I am trying to decide between a Glock 21 or Glock 41. My local dealer has both in blue label I can use my GSSF coupon to purchase. Aesthetically and feel in the hand I like the Glock 41, but I am leaning towards the Glock 21 Gen 4 because the threaded barrel is far less expensive and the barrel wall is thicker. It shouldn't be much of an issue with the slow moving .45 round, but generally a shorter barrel keeps the round slightly slower/quieter. I would consider a Glock 30, but my hands are a little too big for it. Any reason to pick the 41 over the 21 that I'm missing?

2. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

31 views and no opinions?

3. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

My vote is the G 21. What do you gain by the extra barrel length when shooting through a suppressor? I have 2 x G41's but when I get a suppressor, it will land on the G 21. I wish I could give you some science or experience. This is just my personal preference as it appears it will be slightly easier to handle.

4. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

I ended up purchasing a Glock 21 Gen 4 and a Silencerco threaded barrel. I outfitted it with a set of the Glock factory TB sights and a Precision Overwatch tac trigger. I took it to the range yesterday and it worked like any Glock should. Ejection on the brass was good with no brass to face. I shot it side by side with my buddy's Gen 3, the Gen 4 is definitely a softer recoil impulse.