close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need advice.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by gtoglocker, Feb 20, 2012.

1. gtoglocker

gtoglocker

I just picked up a Remington 870 express magnum. previouse owner had glued a velcro shell holder to the side. I didnt like it very much so I took it off. Now im stuck with the sticky residue of the glue. How do I get it off?

Second is, the gun came with a red dot (took that off) and adjustable stock (hard plastic?) after a my first trip out with it. I now have a brusied shoulder. Anyone know of a decent stock perhaps with a recoil pad? That wont tear up my shoulder? I like the composite look. Not a fan of the wood ones.

And on a side note is there a general procedure for taking the stock off? I have stared at this thing for hours trying to figure it out.

2. Top_Shot_31

Top_Shot_31

About the adhesive: Goo Gone. Should be safe to use on the receiver. I have a bottle at my house and I use it all the time. Nothing but good things to say.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/MAGIC-AMERICA-GG12-Goo-Gone/dp/B00006IBNJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329790932&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Goo Gone, 8 Oz.: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/317ZJ-BpbzL.@@AMEPARAM@@317ZJ-BpbzL[/ame]

3. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Goo gone works as does skin so soft. Either will work and save the finish.

4. Arkhog

Arkhog Slightly Bitter

Remove the recoil pad. You should see a large hole in the middle of the stock. One large screw with a slotted head should be visible.

5. G19freak

G19freak

Put the stock deep into your shoulder and then roll with the recoil as opposed to letting the stock smack your shoulder.

Make sense?

6. Line Rider

Line Rider

I inherited a Mossberg 590 from one of our investigators when he left the department. He had glued a shell hold on the side and it come off. This left a mess. I tried WD-40 and other solvents with no luck. Finally, I used a heat gun on low. I warmed the glue enough of roll it off the gun.

I have a Speed feed on my personal 870 and haven't had a problem with the recoil.

7. gtoglocker

gtoglocker

The gun doesn't have a recoil pad on it right now. It has an adjustable stock. It's a hard plastic. Hurts like a mofo

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. gtoglocker

gtoglocker

This is what the back of my shotgun looks like.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attached Files: