Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to put an RDS on my 19.5 MOS version glock. In order to co-witness the iron sights, do I need to purchase taller sights or is there an RDS that will allow me to continue using my night sights as is.

Thanks guys....

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I do like it. It has the 4 moa dot. The auto brightness works well and works quickly. I do not carry it on a daily basis (sometimes) and it is not near as robust as my Trijicon RMR nor is it waterproof. Shield does make the RMSw that is waterproof and the design looks to be a little more tough than the RMS. That said, as long as you don't beat it around, you should be fine carrying it.

One of my normal carry/duty guns is my Gen4 19 MOS. It has a Trijicon RMR type 2 on it with the 3.25 moa dot. It is definitely built to withstand duty type carry for military or law enforcement. I use the CHPWS mounting plate and it is solid. I have Ameriglo GL-429 blacked out sights on it and they are just tall enough to co-witness.
20200209_142334.jpg

20200209_143052.jpg

I did have to slightly file the front sight channel on a couple of my holsters but most of my IWB holsters I ordered with an optic cut and a sight channel for tall sights. I also have a 19 with a Vortex Venom and CHPWS plate on it which requires even a little bit taller sights. So, my first choice would be the Trijicon RMR followed, probably, by the Shield RMS and the Vortex Venom just slightly behind that.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Like Jarrod, I'm an RMR guy. Really happy with the set up on this gun and another similarly equipped. But, it does require suppressor height sights if they are to be any use at all. Still, not a big deal to put some on. YMMV of course.

This is a working gun, rides on my hip five days a week for the last year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts