Need advice on budget HD firearm

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Mintis458, Feb 28, 2007.

1. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

2. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

3. Mintis458

Mintis458

Maraming salamat sa lahat ng mga input niyo, mga sir! I'm really learning a lot. The use of ducks or geese as early warning devices come to think of it can be a very practical solution. Ok din yung tips on dog training, especially since pahihiram ko yung sarili kong pitbull sa kanila this weekend. Plus most likely pahihiramin din sila ng temporary "tool" until they can get their own. Maybe sis should get her own FA as well. I'll share all your suggestions with them, including the designation of a "panic room".
    As for mindset, twice na na-hold up at gunpoint si bayaw when he was still working night shifts with a food supply chain, so I guess alam na niya kung paano pakiramdam nung nasa wrong end ng baril.
    I'm a late starter in shooting myself (because of possible immigration issues, baka maiwan lang yung mga baril) so I really appreciate all your advice.

4. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Unless you and your brother-in-law have the same address, if ever the firearm is used in a self-defense situation, the fact that it wasn't at the address indicated in the FA license could mean some legal troubles for the license holder.

I could be mistaken though, so fellow BoGs, please feel free to validate or refute the above warning.

5. antediluvianist

antediluvianist Guest

I had a friend who had a ganza/goose.

They are not just noisy, they attack.

As a matter of fact, he had problems keeping them from attacking ANYONE who went to his house.

Get a ganza, and get a gun, and shoot the ganza.

(Seriously, ganzas are fine but beware they can be vicious to ANY visitors.)

Gun-wise, an Armscor .38 is sufficient and easy to use, and not so expensive.

6. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Mintis, you've got good advise regarding the goose and revolvers. My personal experience with goose was during my elementary days in the province. Hinabol ako at nadapa ako. Pero ang sarap nang itlog nila!

7. napinap

napinap

...also keep your mobile phone fully charged ( syempre may load dapat) at night and if the kids stay in a separate room, dapat meron din sila...a lot easier to call police

8. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

Hindi pa yata madali malason ang ganza/goose right? :supergrin:

Get a .38 and/or a shotgun

9. blueeagle

blueeagle Guest

a change of address would be the most prudent thing to do. even if all the BGs are "terminated with extreme prejudice" (i've always wanted to use this line, hehehe)their relatives will keep coming back at him until they exact revenge. it a'int worth it!;)

10. atmarcella

atmarcella

i feel your pain brother.....i am in the same situation, i just moved to a new house in a new subdivision, as of the moment 3 palang bahay sa buong subd., what i did was:

1. i got 3 dogs, dalawa (labs) naka kulong pag gabi, positioned at the left and right side of the house, 1 naka alpas (sheperd). pag umaga lahat naka alpas.

2. i got 2 househelp, 1 old (reliable, doesnt know how to text) 1 young (masipag, cooks to). point is, all the time me tao sa bahay, kung nautosan ko mamalengke ang isa, me isa pa natira.

noon nung wala pa kami meralco ninakaw ang wire namin, sa galit ko the ff. night nagpaputok ako sa lupa 2magazines ng m16 full auto, kung makabili na bayaw mo baril, btw i recommend a .38 revolver that way even your sister can use it, i cannot picture a women effectively using a 12guage w/o practice , good idea din magpaputok sya sa lupa once in a while, it informs the bad guys that you are armed and dangerous.

btw, alam mo kung gano ka galing ang revolver? when my kumander and i go away for a vacation or kung me convention sya, i leave my 38 taurus snub nose w/ my househelp, i have thought them how to use it in our backyard, its so simple, all they do is....kalabit:thumbsup: oh and i also tell them to bring the cordless phone inside their room when they sleep when we are away:thumbsup:

11. wingz

wingz speed not power

Bro, that's really alarming, those f#@$&%s, do mean harm.
    But you must also take into consideration, what the BGs may have been planning to do next, since you have all the signs and warnings, that come low or high tide, they're going to get a shot at your bro. in laws' house. I suggest that you make a big publicity out if it. Inform the police, the barangays, your nearest neighbors if there's any, goosip mongers etc. and if possible the municipal authorities. Invite some policemen, male relatives (more is better) to stay in your house for some night watch or dinner, so as to alarm the BGs, and make them think, that they are also being profiled to whoever they are - sons of b#@*$es. All our bros are right, get a good alarm - dogs, goose, communication system access to police station, hospitals, and enough perimeter lights at night. Your bro. in law must get a firearm - a shotgun. If worst comes to worst, Sir bisoy has a good point that he must use it ONLY in the room where he and all his family members are confined to sleep; if ever any BGs dare to enter their room at night. But if they come daytime, well that's another story, pump them out good. Good luck.

12. Mintis458

Mintis458

Thanks again for all the suggestions, sirs. Tomorrow being a saturday i'm taking my pitbull and a pug/maltese/cocker spaniel cross(noisemaker duty) to bayaw's house and maybe we'll go looking for ganza/geese/pato stock :) Point well taken about legal responsiblities for lending licensed FAs, guess we'll just have to weigh the pros and cons and hope they won't need to use it yet. I think their ultimate goal at this time is to find a place to move to, even if it's smaller but in a more civilized area.
    Re: warning shots? Any comments on their effectiveness/drawbacks?

13. Allegra

Allegra

Warning shots,depende sa tao
    Kung baguhan sa krimen , it might work
    But we've used felons as bad boys sa range , di man lang nag flinch pagpinapaputikan namin downrange
    I doubt these guys would be afraid of guns
    Tools lang yung baril,aso,pato,gansa etc
    Mindset ang importante
    Of course moving is the best option

14. vega

vega

Not advisable, you can be charged for brandishing. Once you draw your FA you need to use it. If I am the BG I'll be ready for you next time.

IMHO.

15. Django

Django

It's all about barriers and delays.

Put as many barriers you can afford between you and your would be intruders thus creating a lot of delays before they reach you. The longer the delay the better.

Barriers would include physical (walls, gates, fences, grills. etc.), electronic (alarms, live wires,tv monitors, perimeter lights, etc.), human and animal (security guards, dogs, geese,etc.) and so on and so forth.

The gun would be your last resort should all else fail and would best be categorized as the "tool which you should rather not emloy 'til you see their eyeballs" category (Read: Don't go out of your house with a gun and flashlight in hand when you hear that proverbial 'bump' in the night). Does not really matter much what gun you have as long as it functions properly and you are proficient in it's use.

Of course, it goes without saying that you and your family should be ready for any and all eventualities in case of any security breach and you all know and have practiced the drill of what each and every one of you should and should not do in case of an actual intrusion.

Tell your bayaw to keep his fingers crossed, his eyes open and his powder dry.

16. bisoy

bisoy

im not fond of warning shots. pwede ako mag warning shot sa ulo ng mga magnanakaw. like i said, dead men tell no tales.

i think i failed to mention that there should be an element of surprise. wag mong ipakita ang baril mo. wag mo rin ipaalam na may baril ka. IF they really have the intention to go into your house, they will kahit na sampung aso na ang nandyan, isang dosenang pato, at kahit na alam nya may mga baril ka.

for me, mas delikado na malaman nya na may may baril ka coz his intention will not only be robbing you of your valuables pero aagaw rin yan ng armas. when people have the intent to get your firearm, they make sure they kill you first. they will barge into your house well prepared with their own firearms too.

parang kwento ng karetista yan eh.... pag alam ng mga tao na karetista (someone who practices karate) ka, they dont fight with you one on one or harap harapan. salbahe mga yan at papaluin nalang ulo mo sa likod. pero kung hindi nila alam na marunong ka, bugbog yan sila. i would rather people underestimate me and i will be able to catch them off guard rather than let people be very prepared at ako ang magugulat.

these are just my thoughts.

17. antediluvianist

antediluvianist Guest

Train the ganza to use the shotgun. That would be optimum.

18. maskytrading

maskytrading Guest

Perps commit crimes against helpless and or defenseless persons or families...Predators like wolves,lions, hyenas, killer whales will always select the smallest if not the weakest among the prospective prey...Having done the selection, they will attack in packs. The result is almost always death to the intended prey or victim. Humans with our sometimes uncontrollable savage instincts are like these animals, too...To prevent from being targeted, visible or audible deterrence are a must...economy lights around the property, so are Ganzas, dogs and the M16s full auto noises in the wee hours of the morning mandatory.

In the early 80s(similar post in another thread)I transferred to subdivision in a remote part of QC during that time where taxi drivers will refuse to bring you and no bus lines ply the area either...Jeepneys last trip is about 6PM and tricycles are far and few and the district is known as a "salvage area"...And yes there was an attempt of "akyat bahay" (English trans.:House climbers)via my open dirty kitchen once...My course of action was to enclose my dirty kitchen with roof, thick wrought iron windows with jalousies and screen and lighting. No dogs or ganzas because it was a townhome...I used the barking and honking of John B. several times at the empty lots behind my property as my audible deterrence. It worked

19. darth board

darth board steel killer

+1 marinig pa lang nila yung kasa ng shotgun magdadalawang isip na sila.

20. anticentipede

anticentipede IN GOD WE TRUST

Set up traps, if you know how to, maybe even explosives.

A tank of gasul might be good,if you know what to do with it.;)