close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Need advice on an interstate deal.

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by JPhule, Jul 29, 2004.

1. JPhule

JPhule Gabh An Latha

I have a few questions.

1. Apologoies to XDraw, it's not you, I just want to be cautious. Has anyone had dealings with this GT'er?

2. In Order to do a interstate trade, I need to send my gun to an FFL, and I need the other party to send his gun to my FFL, right?

3. What will FFL and shipping fees end up costing me, roughly?

4. Is there any way to ensure a fair trade? I don't want to send my Glock off to another state and then never get anything in return.

Thanks eveyone.

2. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

You do not have to take YOUR gun to a FFL unless HIS FFL will not do a transfer from you direct. Some FFL's will and some will not, it is their choice. Of course both of you can only send the guns to a FFL. I would talk to his FFL prior to shipping to make sure.

Both FFL's can make arrangements to not release the guns until they both have one.This arrangement would be pretty safe. If the deal went sour after you shipped your gun the receiving FFL could not ship it back to you direct. You would have to get a dealer on your end.

MAJOR WARNING!!! If you decide to ship your gun direct without a FFL confirm with the receiving Dealer that you DO NOT have a FFL. Do not take the other guys word that he will. I lost a .25 several years ago on a gunbroker deal. The buyer assured me that his best buddy Mr. FFL would take my gun direct. I received the FFL from him and shipped the gun. A few days later I get a email from the buyer stating that Mr. FFL would not release the gun to him until I sent my FFL. I did not have a FFL then and the Dealer would not ship the gun back to me. I tried getting a FFL in my area that would get involved in what seemed like a bad Internet deal with no luck. After I considered the cost of all the shipping back and forth and FFL fees they were more than the little gun was worth. With the gun being in limbo, the FFL would not accept it and I did not have anyone to receive it back it ended up being turned in to the ATF.