GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 7 years of complete and total abuse, my Gz'one finally died while I was reading a text message. It totally died, lost all of my wife and puppy photos =( Oh well... such is life.

I've dropped it down flights of concrete stairs, dropped it in water/mud/chemicals, and its even survived multiple covid-19 decons (I'm a paramedic).

This is the worse time for it to die, since I am on for the next 4 days straight and we have our protocols on our phones. Now I need to find a new phone to replace it and I am looking for one that can be beaten just as hard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hate cell phones and only use them for talk, text, and work required apps. It doesn't have to be flashy or fast. Its just gotta be tough and verizon compatible.

On one hand, if it is a current model I can walk into a store before work tomorrow and be up an running. On the other hand, if its a little older model maybe I can amazon prime/ebay it cheaper which would be a huge plus.

·
Registered
320 Posts
KYOCERA duraforce pro 2

I'm a medic firefighter. My phone knows what yours goes through. Ive had mine for almost a year now and no complaints so far

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
When you start over make sure you start back ups...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Get a Otterbox Defender case for whatever you eventually buy. I have had a Samsung S5 for many years now, and it has gone through everything that I have thrown at it.

Everything except a GSD puppy, but that one is on me for leaving it in too close of range for her.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
"After 7 years of complete and total abuse, my Gz'one finally died while I was reading a text message. It totally died, lost all of my wife and puppy photos =( Oh well... such is life."

The photos may be recoverable by a professional phone technician.

Even if the phone is dead, the photos are still stored on it. If you want to get them back, a technician may be able to help.

Worth a try!

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
After 7 years of complete and total abuse, my Gz'one finally died while I was reading a text message. It totally died, lost all of my wife and puppy photos =( Oh well... such is life.
I hear this a lot.
Does nobody ever backup their photo library?

I know that I don't, but the only pictures I take with my phone are when the wife sends me to the store with a list and I take a picture to sender her so I don't bring home the wrong thing.

Reactions: Spec62
1 - 7 of 7 Posts