close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need a tac light suggestion.

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Thrillhouse700, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Thrillhouse700

Thrillhouse700

I have been looking and reading up a lot on parts, mods and your guys' opinions on things on this site. The general consensus that I get is I need to decide what my gun will be used for before I modify or change it.
    I have a Mossberg 500 shotgun and my Glock17 rtf. I would like to get a tac light that I could switch between the two guns.

I know they sell a clamp on weaver rail that gets great reviews for the mossberg. I would love to have a light that had quick disconnect, at the same time I love how the tlr3 looks, how bright it is and attractive cost (79.99). Any suggestions?

2. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

Get the TLR-1. It is very durable and very bright. The TLR-3 is nice, but not as durable as the TLR-1.

3. 2nd2none

2nd2none

Streamlight TLR-1 is the best bang for the buck

4. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

I've had quite a few... Cheap and expensive... And the one I finally settled on for a good balance of price, durability, and brightness is the TLR-3. Unless your needs are more, it's a great light.

5. Pappy John

Pappy John

I agree with the others who have said TLR-1

6. EJP

EJP

The TLR-1 surely has the best value but its not that quick to attach. I would suggest insights new WX150, that is even brighter, even more rugged and way faster to attach because it is not screw-fastended.

7. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Great: Streamlight TLR-1 C4

Greater: Insight XTI Procyon or WX150

Greatest: SureFire X300

All of the above are are excellent, and the TLR-1 is a great value. But the Insight and SureFire are more hardened for serious use.

SureFire has the finest overall quality and switch options, but the Insights give it a real run for its money performance-wise.

--Ray

8. Thrillhouse700

Thrillhouse700

Thanks guys, for some reason I knew I would get a solid answer here :)
    Now I just need a few more bucks. Also need to figure out where I saw that clamp on picatinny so I know I can have the ability to use the light on both weapons.

9. Flipz

Flipz

+1

I own the Insight WX150 and I have to say that it is a great Tac light. Ive had it for about a month now and it is fantastic.

10. ddstuder

ddstuder

TLR-3 Comes with 5 interchangeable keys to fit a wide variety of weapons, including the Picatinny rail