close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need a new pre-customized Glock 34 for IDPA

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Gryff, Jun 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Gryff

Gryff

I want to purchase a new G34 for my wife's use in IDPA. I bought my XD Tactical pre-customized from Canyon Creek (3lb. trigger, fiber-optic target sites, ready to ship upon order), but I don't see any sources for a pre-customized G34.

Does anyone know of a gunsmith/shop that has these available? Unfortunately, I don't have the time to wait for one to be customized after I buy it (I want the gun in my wife's hands within 2-3 weeks inclusive of CA 10-day waiting period).

High demands, I know. But if anyone knows of a source, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jim

2. Buoyboy

Buoyboy

If you can't find one pre-customized.

G34's can be purchased w/ the 3.5 connector and it is pretty easy to put on new sights. At my local gunshop they use the glock sight pusher to put them on for me.

If you have your local guy order the gun and the sights at the same time, they should be able to connect the two during a 10 day waiting period. I have heine rear/dawson FO front.

If you wanted someone to polish all of the trigger surfaces, then you could always do the $.25 trigger job.

Lucky you, a wife that wants a G34!

Good Luck

3. Gryff

Gryff

Thanks for the response.

I've seen the 3-1/2# connector. How much does it improve the trigger pull? Is there still a lot of take-up?

A friend has the sight pusher, so sights I could definitely do myself. But I still want to get a distinctly-better-than-normal trigger on the gun. I had never heard any comparisons on the 3-1/2# connector vs. the stock one.

Again, thanks.

Jim

4. ecmills

ecmills I shoot guns.

The minus connector, despite being called a 3.5# connector, results in about a 4.5-pound trigger pull. Most 34s come with one installed from the factory. It's lighter, but no target trigger.

The problem is that the trigger feel is very mushy immediately prior to the break, and this makes it more difficult to fire quickly.

I removed the stock minus connector, and installed a Vanek trigger kit in my 34. (vanekcustom.com). Costs $130, but is the best trigger I have tried so far for this gun. Drops right in with no modifications - you simply do a detail strip to the gun and replace the factory parts while you're in there. And if you can change the batteries in a remote controll, you can detail-strip a Glock. They're stupid simple.

The Vanek trigger is beautiful. The first half of a Glock's trigger pull is very light, as you're just disengaging safties. The Vanek keeps the pull nearly that light for the entire stroke, and doesn't stack near the end. It's approimately a 1.75-2.50 pound pull. Couldn't be happier with mine. 2,500 rounds through it, with ONE bad round - a hard primer on a WWB cartridge.

Regarding sights, I'm running a Dawson fiber-optic front and a Heinie race-cut reat. I love this setup. Got them from www.customglockracing.com

Just buy the gun, a Vanek trigger, and the sights, and install everything yourself. Google for ".25 trigger job" and it'll walk you through the detail strip. A 10-year-old can do it. Don't be afraid to try it - everyone that shoots competitively should know how to replace internal parts, in case of a breakage at a match. :)

5. ecmills

ecmills I shoot guns.

Forgot: I shot some footage while a couple of friends tried out the Vanek trigger in my gun. They're all diehard Glock shooters, and two of them shooting the gun use a stock 3.5-equipped long-slide in IDPA.

Roxanne, the lady who yells "I WANT ONE!", was one of those. She ordered a Vanek kit 6 hours after shooting my gun. :supergrin:

So, here's my blatant "Vanek commercial"...

RIGHT CLICK/SAVE AS - or this will not work
    http://home.off-road.com/~mithrandir/idpa/vanek.wmv

6. Gryff

Gryff

Funny. My shooting partner uses a G34, and I literally just got off the phone with him. He was suggesting that I purchase a trigger kit rather than have custom work done. Then I see this posting suggesting the same thing.

So, now the question is, who does the best drop-in triggers. My friend suggested Ghost Inc. and ecmills suggest Vanek Custom. I know that Dale Rhea makes one (http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/Rhea.ivnu) as well as GlockWorx.com.

Experiences anyone?

Also, do these make the gun illegal for GSSF?

Thanks again,

Jim

7. ecmills

ecmills I shoot guns.

I've tried a Rhea, and it's okay. I prefer my Vanek, but that could be because I'm used to it.

Take a look over at www.brianenos.com or another forum chock full of IDPA shooters, and try searching their past posts. I've seen a couple of good threads a while back on Enos's site: That's how I decided on the Vanek - I read lots of threads like this one:
    http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48065

I have no idea on the GSSF issue.

8. ezterra

ezterra

Also, check out Ralph Sotelo's Trigger Kit. I've been using it in my G34 for almost a year now. I really like it. The trigger pull is not quite as light as the Vanek, but I think it's a little more reliable. I've had my trigger weight tested, and it comes in right around 3 pounds.

9. hankfan79

hankfan79

I have shot with Roxanne before. She is hilarious. I notied that your are from the memphis area. I shot the Tri-State match this year up there. I am assuming you know Myrin. He used to be a local shooter with us here in Huntsville. :thumbsup:

10. ANeat

ANeat Got Pb?

For most of the GSSF classes the gun needs to be all factory except for the sights.
    All factory means you can have the 3.5 connecter (stock in a 34)and a polish job on all the necessary parts.

Any of the aftermarket trigger parts would be illegal.

One of the trigger guys that sells drop in kits has a GSSF legal version if I remember.

You can get a very good trigger with polishing up everything.

With a drop in trigger it would be no problem to swap it out to a more "factory" trigger for matches where its required.

11. 2bigfeet

2bigfeet

Is the front FO site the narrow one? I'd like this setup with the narrow front. And can you point me to the exact link on the site. I can't find your setup with the race cut. Thanks

12. ecmills

ecmills I shoot guns.

13. 2bigfeet

2bigfeet

Thanks for the link.