close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need a holster for G23

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mayhem23, Mar 23, 2010.

1. mayhem23

mayhem23 Far East Sailor

Hi All, I'm looking for a IWB that won't print. Any suggestions before I buy something that I may not like. I will also consider an OWB too.:2gun:

2. Delcorbett

Delcorbett

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Yes, post in the right forum. :). Just so you know when this gets locked....

Beyond that... This will be a trial and error process. Whatever holster you get, get a quality gun belt. Your Wal Mart, Dickies, Carhart, etc.. belt, will not cut it while bearing the weight of a firearm, and no matter what holster you buy, will be uncomfortable.

4. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

5. nedfolks

nedfolks

I use an Uncle Mikes #16 for my G23. If fits like a glove and is the perfect size

6. muad

muad Lifetime Member

7. banjobob

banjobob

comptac infidel for kydex and Milt sparks summer special or vmax2 for leather.

8. peteG21

peteG21

Kholster holster...

9. Esco

Esco

rocketman Lowrider, no doubt about it! I carry a G19 in it everyday in simple t-shirt and shorts that aren't oversized and I am 5'9" 175lb for comparison. It just sits real low and angled just right.

10. Jim S.

Jim S.

Crossbreed Supertuck. It is the most comfortable and functional holster you can own. Buy the other holsters and let me know when you get around to the Supertuck.
    I have a (big) box full of trial and error holsters. The Supertuck is the only IWB I will use from now on.

11. easyg

easyg

12. sirgarreth

sirgarreth

I also carry my G23 in a Comp-Tac MTAC. VERY COMFORTABLE!!!! I carry about 12-14 hours a day. They are also very quick. They are fully adjustable for cant and ride height. I wear mine with a Wilderness 5 stitch instructor belt. I only use T-shirts and there is no printing. Great set up for me!

13. Zertek

Zertek

Get a MTAC or a CB Supertuck ........

14. Jestur

Jestur

I got my Mtac a few days ago. This is a really nice holster. I have not used it much yet as I am awaiting a belt from beltman and will need to get several pairs of pants 1 size larger to CC daily. I looked at alot of threads on Mtac vs supertuck. I don't think you could go wrong with either one. I just beleive the Mtac was a little nicer finished.

15. LarryD1130

LarryD1130

Your going to here those two a lot. It's whatever one you like more because their designs are very similar. The only difference I really noticed is that the MTAC has leather on the back covering the screws and the Supertuck doesn't. I have a MTAC and I think it's high quality and definitely worth the price. I DIDN'T get the SLIDE verison because I only use it with my g23 and I like having the bottom covered. If I get a different Glock than I might buy the Supertuck. The MTAC is great because you can adjust it to make it more concealable or easier to draw from. Me personally, I just use the standard(way it comes) setting because it conceals pretty good and its really easy to draw from. If you get it mess around with the different settings and see which one you like. You also have to figure out where your going to hold it. Consider that your body is like a clock with 12 being right in front of you, I hold mine at about 5:30-6:00. If you never carried before you need to learn that you can't do everything you could when you didn't carry. You can't bend over, you have to wear different clothes, etc. So now I can't wear a wife beater and play pool but I have a different gun for that. The bad habit I have with my MTAC is holding it when I run and thats a dead giveaway that your carrying. I have to fix that one day. Everybody is going to tell you that you also need a good gun belt with is also true. The one I have isn't the greatest but it does it's job. I hear real good things about "The Beltman" and I want to get one of his belts one day along with a good OWB holster but I don't know what one to get. Besides that, enjoy carrying your g23. I know I like having mine on me.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  16. chr_edw

chr_edw Holster Maker

I would also recommend the CrossBreed Super Tuck, or a K&D Dakoda Defender if you like an all leather holster.

I personally prefer the all leather, but the Crossbreed is the only holster my wife will use.