close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need a gun value opinion

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Cool Hand Hodge, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Cool Hand Hodge

Cool Hand Hodge Senior Member

A good friend of mine is selling a used like new super red hawk in .44 mag with a 10 1/4? inch bbl or somthing close to that. It has a burris 2x4 unknown model scope on it. What would be a fair price to ask for this?

2. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

I don't believe they made the Super Redhawk with a 10.5" barrel. Super Blackhawk, yes, they did.

Consider: any double-action revolver chambered in .44 Remington Magnum will appeal to only a small portion of the revolver market. Of those, most tend to prefer a 4" or 6" barrel. Those left are handgun hunters and the long barrel appeals to them, however, those who like to hunt with handguns mostly already do.

I'm thinking if he can squeeze $450 out of someone, he should take the money, put a few more hundred with it and buy a good, entry-level 1911. Feller will probably shoot that some.

Good luck to your friend.

3. Bru

Bru

The Super Redhawk did come with 9.5" barrel. If you get ac hance to shoot it and it shoots well (scope seems fine etc.) $500ish would be OK, if I was buying and not really looking for one I would probably go to $500.

4. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

I agree with this.