Need a good deal on 9 mm target Ammo

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Ms.LiveLifeWell, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Ms.LiveLifeWell

Ms.LiveLifeWell

Hello Friends,

I Recently joined Glock talk.

I have tried a lot of different ammo and I am still not sure what direction to go on getting decent quality buys on target ammo for a 9 mm Gen 4 19

I have an annual subscription for Target Sports USA so shipping is free for me there but there is a wide range of options and trying to save money at the same time. I would love to get any input , direction, and advise from those that are in the know, as I am not ! :)

I have a few hundred rounds stashed but given the current "environment", Methinks more is better...

Thanks In advance !

PS: Not sure if it is appropriate so please let me know if not, but I am looking for 223-556 target ammo as well. Is that okay to say that here ?.... :-/

Syclone0538 likes this.
  2. MajorD

MajorD

This is a terrible time right now to ask this question as 9mm ammo is currently in short supply with the virus panic buying going on. As a general rule anything for routine practice will do fine.
    My personal experience is that something in 124 grain bullet weight is the sweet spot where most guns will show the best accuracy. I like the RWS load ( not common to find) and also double tap “colt 124 grain national match” for best accuracy. The Winchester 124 Nero ammo is close too.
    Honestly I got a great deal on rws about a year ago, and got my supply of double tap free as a prize at a shooting match, but they have both given me great accuracy and prefect reliability

GlockFan7 and Ms.LiveLifeWell like this.

3. B C

B C

4. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Philippians 4: 6-7

I buy my HP here. But now is not the time to be purchasing any kind of ammo.

www.sgammo.com

Valmet and Ms.LiveLifeWell like this.
  5. geo57

geo57

Not that it's great or loaded as warm but it should be functional. SGammo.com . The Independence 1000 rd. bulk for $266 shipped. You should have asked sooner. In the last two days respectively they had 1000 rd cases of Magtech and Fiocchi for the same price shipped but those are gone. Both are superior to Independence and in my first hand usage opinion the Fiocchi is especially so.

Just checked SGammo and they now added S&B 9mm FMJ . Same price and better than Independence. They have Blazer Brass too . I feel it's on par with Independence.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Ms.LiveLifeWell likes this.
  6. shupe13

shupe13

I use Speer 147gr GDHP for duty and Lawman (Speer) 147gr TMJ for training. It's probably not the cheapest way to go but I believe equal weights are imperative.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

7. thewoods868

thewoods868 thewoods868

S&B and Fiocchi is my choice when I can find it.

GlockyQ and Ms.LiveLifeWell like this.
  8. GlockyQ

GlockyQ G43 Fanboy

For range practice, I also use S&B and Fiocchi a lot. But Geco and PMC aren’t bad, either. Federal Champion Aluminum 115gr is also GTG in my book to use in my 9mm Glocks. It is still much better than TuLAmmo 115gr (though even TuLAmmo worked fine in my G43).

9. deathpriest

deathpriest

I have purchased and shot Tula 115, Federal aluminum and Blazer aluminum in the last couple of weeks. Last case of Tula arrived today from TargetSportUsa.com
    Yes, a little overpriced at $187 delivered but, that is what they had when I was shopping.

10. Ms.LiveLifeWell

Ms.LiveLifeWell

Wow ! Thanks to all !
    I will do some more digging !

11. geo57

geo57

Not to hijack her thread but I'm just curious what kind of luck you've had with function , etc on the two aluminum cased loads ? I'm not saying yours will do this but a few years ago I checked out some Blazer aluminum .45 acp and in doing a test for case mouth tension the bullets would set back into the case with very little effort. I'm not sure they would not have if I had sneezed violently. Best of luck to you on yours.

deathpriest likes this.
  12. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

+1 for SGAmmo when they get stuff in stock. I’ve ordered from them for years, great folks.

nitesite10mm likes this.
  13. deathpriest

deathpriest

I have shot hundreds of problem free aluminum cases ammo in 9mm and 45 from glocks, berettas, and 1911s

14. George Kaplan

George Kaplan emeritus

According to my account, I have been buying from SGAmmo for 4 years and 19 weeks.

I compared prices from what I purchased as little as two months ago to what they have now. At a minimum, they raised their prices $50 on cases of ammo. I don't blame them but they are gouging so they are not angels.

I also don't feel sorry for those that are scrambling to buy it all up at that price either.

15. xtremetj

xtremetj

16. 5.45 Shooter

5.45 Shooter

latortuga and Syclone0538 like this.
  17. Syclone0538

Syclone0538

18. collim1

collim1

Flawless function with both Federal Champion and CCI Blazer. I’ve shot a few hundred rounds of the Independence aluminum case stuff without any problems as well.

In fact when I qualified for FBI Firearms instructor I shot a 287/300 on the Bullseye with Federal Champion. It’s very consistent stuff and that’s what I had been practicing with so I knew my holds at each distance to drop it in the ten ring.

I haven’t kept track recently, but in 2018 I know for a fact I shot 5k rounds of the Federal Champion 9mm and had no problems with it.

Steel cased Tula stuff is a different story. It’s plinking ammo only. Out of every hundred rounds I’ll prolly have 1-2 malfunctions of some sort with it. It’s also Smokey and really dirty. But when I need some ammo on the cheap it’s a good option.

It will keep you sharp on the old tap and rack.

I don’t reload 9mm so I rarely buy brass. Not if aluminum is even one cent cheaper.