GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made a stupid mistake and bought a KKM barrel on Gun Broker for a G30/G30SF.
I bought my pistol about 8 years ago and haven't shot it much (nor even looked at it) in a few years due to buying other latest/greatest guns. I'm sure some of you know what I mean.
Anyway, my gun is not a G30. Or a G30SF. Mine is a G30S...but since it has SF on the frame, in my mind, it was a G30SF. So you know where I'm going, the G30 barrel doesn't fit the G30S slide. To be completely honest, I wouldn't have known that, even had I knew which gun I had...stupid!!
So, if I'm not mistaken, a G30/30SF slide should fit my SF frame, no? Now I need a slide, any slide. Stripped even. I have not been able to find one for sale anywhere on line. Seems only 9mm and the G41 slides are common. Maybe a G21 came up, once. But no large frame, baby Glock slides. Anyone know where I can get one?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ What model Sigs did you get that broke?
Your chances of finding a G30 slide all by itself are very slim. I bought a complete G30 upper a couple of years ago off of Gunbroker and that felt like a major score.
Sell the KKM barrel, it’s your only reasonable option.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's what I'm finding...hens teeth! I pretty much came to the realization that I will need to sell it. Already started asking around, who might know someone looking for a G30 KKM barrel. Have my FFL asking around too. My G30S is the only Baby Glock in 45, that I have ever seen or heard of around here.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
That's what I'm finding...hens teeth! I pretty much came to the realization that I will need to sell it. Already started asking around, who might know someone looking for a G30 KKM barrel. Have my FFL asking around too. My G30S is the only Baby Glock in 45, that I have ever seen or heard of around here.
Is the barrel new? How much you want for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
NRA Benefactor
5,264 Posts
A G36 is a 45 with a single stack. My two favorite compacts, my G30SF and G36.

·
Free Full Clip!
17,093 Posts
Your chances of finding a G30 slide all by itself are very slim. I bought a complete G30 upper a couple of years ago off of Gunbroker and that felt like a major score.

Sell the KKM barrel, it’s your only reasonable option.
Either that, or contact KKM and see if they'll let you trade in your G30 barrel for credit on a G20's barrel.

The G30s is a much nicer gun for IWB carry.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Either that, or contact KKM and see if they'll let you trade in your G30 barrel for credit on a G20's barrel.

The G30s is a much nicer gun for IWB carry.
That is exactly what I’m doing. I wrote up an email asking them. Tomorrow, I will call them.

Reactions: Borg Warner

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would sell my complete slide for what I paid for it, $300.

Here's the link to it when I bought it.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/3rd-gen-g30-slide.1714190/#post-25745142

As you can see in the first picture in the link it had an engraving "FA 09-00" on it when I bought it. Doesn't bother me.
I cycled a mag full of ammo by hand and it did fine. I never fired it. Just left it in my safe all this time.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Combat Diver
3,314 Posts
I have a G 30 slide (Have to check what Gen) I will trade you for your G 30S slide. I have no problem with the factory barrel in the G 30S.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,343 Posts

·
Combat Diver
3,314 Posts
Mine is a gen 4. Should work on your frame, though.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Won't a G36 barrel work in a 30S? I thought the 30S was a 30 frame with a 36 slide.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts