Need a FAILSAFE Protector for Dad's Puter..HELP.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Nalapombu, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Nalapombu

Nalapombu Millennium Member

Hey all,

Here I go again. My dad has a hard time with the Spyware and Adware stuff. He's been nailed about 4 times despite my repeated warnings. I have been able to handle them all, but it has happened again tonite. He had it recently upgraded to XP via his son-in-law and I thought he had put protection on the machine, but I found out tonite that he just left XP and Expolorer As-Is when the finished installing. So now I have to go and try to fix this stuff. What I am looking for is something that I can put on his machine that will lock it up tight as a drum. Is there a program that will not let ANYTHING be donwloaded and installed no matter what he would click on?
    I need something to make sure this isn't going to happen again cause my warnings aren't getting the job done. What are your suggestions for TOTAL protection?
    Thanks for the help.

Nala

2. pyblood

pyblood

What about setting up 2 accounts on the computer. 1 can be the admin and the other can be a guest/limited account. A limited user/guest can't install programs which means that spyware can't install.