close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Neck Surgery,how many here

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ranger56528, Jan 29, 2010.

1. ranger56528

ranger56528

Have had it ?....I had my C5-6 drilled and fused back in 96 and now iam going thru the same thing,had a MRI done last week and it shows a bulging disc at c4-c5 now and looks like its herniated on the left side and putting pressure on my nerve root,I go in to see the neurosurgery people nxt Thursday to see how really bad it is,right now its numb hand,ringing in left ear and sharp pain from neck to hand,same thing as I had in 96.

Has anyone here had more then just one surgery on thier neck...

2. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

3. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

A good friend of our's just had her second set of neck surgeries about a month ago. She had a car wreck 25/30 years ago and herniated C5-6 and then maybe three months ago she had another car wreck and blew out the re-work of C-6 plus C-7 - somehow the original fix of C5 held strong. She was in agony for about two days post op and then it's been straight up since.

Best of luck to you.

4. ranger56528

ranger56528

6 weeks of this and one to go if all is well,I have to wear it 24/7 except I can remove it to shower(15 min max)a day.......They fused my C4 and my C7 was colapesed and had small break in it,surgery was to be 2 hours turned into 4.5,it was worse then they thought,they also put a plate in to cover my c4-c5-c6-c7....Life is great aint it...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  5. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

So far I have avoided surgery and I'm trusting G-d to keep it that way.

6. C.Lee

C.Lee

Sorry you had to go through this, and I hope you heal quickly.

It is common for the neighboring disks to rupture or otherwise fail after a fusion. All of the vertebrae are designed to work together and when you limit the motion in one, the neighbors are forced to make of for that lost range of motion.

This over stresses the neighboring vertebrae and accelerates the wear that they would normally experience.

I know 4 people who have had the surgeries and ALL of them have had the neighboring disk/vertebrae go bad.

7. ranger56528

ranger56528

The doc said that to me in 96 when my c5-c6 were done now he tells me c3-c2 would be nxt but yrs down the road if I play nice....

8. Paul7

Paul7