Nebraska's Religious Persecution

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Silas.soule, May 31, 2016.

1. Silas.soule

Silas.soule

I don't know about you, but I'm boycotting Nebraska, even if I have to go to Kansas via South Dakota. In April, the US District Court for the District of Nebraska ruled that "Pastafarianism" is not a true religion. I hope The Flying Spaghetti Monster brings drought to Nebraska!

Locusts, too.

2. Cambo

Cambo

Thank you for your important contribution. Is the weed a little stronger tonight?

Silas.soule likes this.

3. Silas.soule

Silas.soule

I see a day coming when there will be schools all over Nebraska that teach the glory of The Spaghetti Monster. Those schools will be operated at taxpayer expense, just as will be Catholic schools, despite 38 states having amended their constitutions so as to prohibit tax funds going to church owned schools. Yep, those 38 Balaine Amendmemts of the 1870's were so long ago.

Here my wisdom. The Spaghetti Monster. :)

4. Silas.soule

Silas.soule

An atheist is suing Congress because the Catholic priest who is chaplain has refused to allow a secular invocation. Already hundreds of thousands of tax dollars are spent on this chaplain, and now there is the cost of a lawsuit. As if it were not bad enough that a Catholic has held the position for close to 15 years straight. James Madison opposed tax paid chaplains because he knew denominations would hog the position. Yes, Protestants hogged the position for decades, and now the Catholic church is showing it is no better.

"During the first Congress, James Madison moved unsuccessfully to forbid the appointment of chaplains in Congress. He had been the principal architect of the First Amendment, including its clause that there shall be no law 'respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.'"

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

5. nraman

nraman

It was declared a religion a few years ago in a European country.
    I believe that the point was that some mainstream religions, the way the faithful practice them are no better than Pastafarianism.
    In that respect, I agree.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    Silas.soule likes this.
  6. Silas.soule

Silas.soule

Thank you! James Madison would applaud you. But he wouldn't applaud the American's who don't know the history of their own country, and wrongly believe this is a Christian nation. Can't water down religious freedom.

7. railfancwb

railfancwb