Nebraska Farmer had Trump flags on harvesting equipment, leftist torched them all

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by B C, Oct 17, 2020.

1. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I hope they timed themselves, posted it. Someone turns them in.
    Biggest safety to farm trucks, semi trucks, tractors? The Clutch. That third pedal stops many short.

Dynactus and Caver 60 like this.
  2. ScottMn

ScottMn

That's true, but much depends on what kind of year everyone is having. If weather isn't cooperating, early snow or heavy rains, the window for harvest narrows and others may be forced to make a choice of either taking care of their own crops or helping out. No one would blame another for making sure that they took care of their own livelihoods.

Caver 60 likes this.

3. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

FIFY

Cubdriver and 10or45 like this.
  4. bfg1971

bfg1971

That's not the way it works in farm country. My grandfather fell off his 15000 bushel grain bin, spent 6 months in the hospital. Pretty much the entire county showed up to harvest our crops. 1 day for all the beans and 1 day for all the corn. It doesn't take long when everyone helps out. Both granddad and the farm survived the incident mostly due to the efforts of friends.

pgg00, larry_minn, Dynactus and 4 others like this.
  5. ScottMn

ScottMn

I guess I wasn't saying that he wouldn't receive any help, just that there are circumstances that could arise where the help couldn't come. My family has also been on the receiving and giving side of helping a neighbor out. We had 1500 acres and 1000 head of hogs at one once all run by my father (with some help from his three sons). He hired one worker seasonally and time was very tight especially if the weather didn't cooperate. Farms, for the most part, are even larger now and I would bet that the fellow that lost his equipment has a bit more than 1500 acres looking at the type of machinery that was destroyed. Farms that size usually plant a variety of cultivars of crops which mature at different times, are more disease resistant, yield more, are drought tolerant, hedges against early frost. etc..... The harvest is coordinated event and can be more complicated than it looks since the crop can't be taken in a single day and greater distances are involved now than in years past.

The arson(s) have no idea what they did or how much they have harmed that man and his family. I pray they get the help they need and that the arson spends a very, very long time in jail.

Have a good one.

bfg1971 and Caver 60 like this.
  6. Vic Rattlehead

Vic Rattlehead

I left the Chicago 'burbs for college in Iowa during the late 90s. I was surprised at the number of IA, NE, WI, MN farm kids I met out there who were sympathetic to Communism/leftism/SJ movement at the time. I expected that I'd only find patriotic conservative Americans out that way.

BlueBacker likes this.
  7. jr24

jr24

I've been encouraged a bit lately that a large portion, if not most of the vehicles I've seen flying American, blue line, and Trump flags and decals have been kids under 30, hard to tell how much younger since they all look 16 to me these days.

Granted it's rural North Central WI, but it does give me hope that not all our kids have been corrupted.

8. Caver 60

Caver 60

When I lived in Arkansas, they were trying to legalize the lottery. Most farm trucks had a bumper sticker reading: "Legalize gambling. Why should farmers have all the fun?"

larry_minn and Dynactus like this.
  9. Dynactus

Dynactus The wind serenades a purified man.

The sad thing is farming, year in and year out, is the biggest gamble in the world. I don't think I could sleep at night knowing how much I had riding on the weather.

Caver 60 likes this.
  10. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

My dad talked about how folks going to Vegas Were wimps.
    Spend $100k on a combine, $40k on planter, 160k on two smaller tractors, 40k on tillage Equipment, 10k grain cart.
    Then $150 rent per acre, $80 seed, $100 fertilizer/ spray/fuel per acre. Hopefully get 150 bushels of corn per Acre. Maybe get $3 per bushel. $450 a acre less $330 I put costs sounds good? You still need a pickup, trailer, hire trucks to haul to elevator...repairs on the equipment....

jr24 likes this.
  11. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

I'm glad democrats are so inclusive and supportive of everyone rights. . .
    Unless:
    You are a Christian
    You are a white male
    You are a conservative
    You support Trump
    You believe America is great
    You believe in controlling the borders
    You have a opinion that disagrees with them
    You are a gun owner
    You believe that people should be responsible for themselves
    You believe that criminals should be punished
    You support the police
    Unless. . . .

Caver 60, railfancwb and jr24 like this.
  12. camelsfly

camelsfly Previously Lloyd Elliott

.... unless you believe that the yet to be born child in the womb should die if the mother no longer wants him/her for whatever her reason.

Caver 60 likes this.
  13. railfancwb

railfancwb

I think you answered your own question with that last sentence.

14. railfancwb

railfancwb

Yep. A generation with little/no experience with manual transmissions.

15. DukeNukem

DukeNukem

Maybe the antifa twerp will take a nap in a field and they won’t find him until his mangled carcass gets pulled out of the feeder house.