Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy of mine, a USAF Colonel, told me about these 35 years ago. Always wanted to see one. Found one. Went for a little self imposed cardio stress test (I passed)

Fortunately, there was a nice flat spot to lay down and let my heart rate return to double digits.

·
Mentally Frozen
28,400 Posts
Learn something new every day.

·
Sneet
16,161 Posts
Buddy of mine, a USAF Colonel, told me about these 35 years ago. Always wanted to see one. Found one. Went for a little self imposed cardio stress test (I passed)

Fortunately, there was a nice flat spot to lay down and let my heart rate return to double digits.

View attachment 942206
View attachment 942207
View attachment 942208
View attachment 942209
View attachment 942210
You're in my neck of the woods. Where is that. We should go up with some concrete paint and paint it yellow again.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m pleased to see others who think like me out there. But, not unexpected.

No idea how up to date this is, but it will give you a starting point if you wanna stand on a piece of 100 year old concrete in some remote spot.

if you see one listed close to you, search it out on google earth. Make sure it’s still there and accessible. Post pics.

This is the one I found:

·
NRA4EVR
11,733 Posts
When the arrows were first installed, no doubt some bitter old gomer of a pilot whined that the piltos these days were soft and would lose all their navigation skills by using those newfangled arrows that made it too easy.

·
Scottish Member
12,198 Posts
I’m pleased to see others who think like me out there. But, not unexpected.

No idea how up to date this is, but it will give you a starting point if you wanna stand on a piece of 100 year old concrete in some remote spot.

if you see one listed close to you, search it out on google earth. Make sure it’s still there and accessible. Post pics.

This is the one I found:
View attachment 942241
Is that the one in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma ?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reactions: PEC-Memphis

·
AK-74
2,177 Posts
I think they made Capricorn One there.
do they still have O.J.'S signature in the metal building. neat story glad you posted.

·
Scottish Member
12,198 Posts
No Sir. Though it looks like Mars, it’s in southern Nevada.
My comment was tongue-in-cheek, it looks like a broken arrow (at least to me).

Of course it could be Mars airmail, now that they have drones :)

Reactions: Sgt127
1 - 20 of 34 Posts