close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

NE1 familiar with Arizona Gun Runner

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Meggacatz, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Meggacatz

Meggacatz PROUD DADDY!!!!

Please let me preface that I'm not posting to generate "slams" against any company or companies. I'm looking for both positive and negative personal experiences. I'm trying to express my frusteration in dealing with companies online because local dealers and suppliers are not available for many products.

On 01/08/03 I was tired of the Botach problems and decided to try a different company. Figuring I hadn't seen anything negative about Arizona Gunrunners, I thought I'd try. Granted my order wasn't huge at about $90.00 total but it included a couple of AR-15 parts I needed and some other things since I had to pay shipping anyway. Being a LEO I appreciate saving money where I can (10% LEO discount helps). Online ordering was easy and convienent. I noted in the "comments" section of my online order that I'd like to be contacted if there was any problems filling my order.

After 2 weeks my wife called the company for me because I was at work and we hadn't heard from AGR. She said the person who answered the phone seemed hurried and put her on hold while he looked for the order. He returned and told her he was waiting on the order from Blackhawk Industries and that IF he got it this week then he would send out my order NEXT week. When she asked how we would know when I might receive the order she was told to call him back (costs me to call AZ) but OK, I'll try not to bother too much. When she asked him to ship the parts he had and the rest later she was told that couldn't be done.

Yesterday (01/31/03) we tried calling all day (at least 6 times)because I still don't have my order (read as: STILL need the parts for an event this weekend and STILL don't have them). Each call cost me just to hear the voicemail again and again. I sent an email early in the day but have yet to receive a response.

I'm not putting down AGR but so far they have failed me. I'm disappointed at ALL the business that advertise products they don't have and have a difficult time getting in a timely manner (*IDEA* post on your sites that it may require additional time for these certain items). I understand it is costly to maintain an inventory, split orders, backorder, etc. etc. etc. but it's MORE costly to loose customers. If anyone has had positive experiences with companies that carry firearms accessories, tactical and/or military gear I'd appreciate a link (email or post). I believe Brownells has been the best for me (example: I ordered 7 items at over $140.00 on Tuesday 01/28 and received all of the order on Friday 01/31). I really hope AGR comes through even if I "do without" this weekend.

Thanx for letting me vent and I hope to hear from AGR and other good companies soon.

2. Germanasian

Germanasian Word

I will slam Arizona Gun Runners. I'm from AZ, so I have seen these guys at damn near every gun show that has come through Arizona.

First, my opinion of them personally. Most of the guys that work there are the greasiest, slick-talking salesmen I've ever seen. They should be working in a used car lot. You can't even so much as glance in the direction of their display case without one of them mobbing you and asking, "So can I wrap that up for you?" Then every gun you pick up (if you don't get turned off by their over-agressive approach) is suddenly the best gun you could possibly buy.

Their prices are very good on some items, and pretty high on others.

I had one buying experience with them a few years ago at a small gunshow. I bought a NIB Beretta 92FS Stainless with Trilux night sights for $559 + tax. Pretty darn good price, so I purchased it. This was the first handgun I had ever bought with nightsights, so I rushed over to a friend's house that lived right by the show and went into his bathroom with the lights off. The front sight was dead...no glow whatsoever. I went right back to the show with no delay to return it for another. From the time I paid for it to the time I returned was a whole 17 minutes.
    The guy I bought it from was treating me like I was a moron. He asked me if I shot it already (duh, in 17 minutes?), told me I wasn't looking at it right, asked me how I knew it was dead, and said they didn't take returns, especially since this gun was now used. I asked to talk to the owner.
    The owner starts giving me the same crap. I told him it wasn't used, yada yada. Finally he tells me I'll have to take it up with Beretta and that he doesn't have any more of the model I just bought (even though I distinctly asked to buy the one NOT in the display case originally, so the display model was still under glass). A third guy who was halfway listening to all the hubbub poked into the conversation and said, "Hey, Gary, we had two, he bought the one under the case."
    Big boss man was a little embarassed at this point, and finally relented, giving me the display model. He even made me fill out another 4473, but I didn't care at that point.
    I wouldn't doubt it if the guy that piped in got fired after the show.

Now I'm sure that others will come to AGR's defense and say nothing but good things about them, but that is my experience and my opinion.

I've got nothing but high marks for Brownells and Midway.

3. saintnick001

saintnick001

I ordered a holster for a shoulder system I already had. About a week later it came in but the color was wrong. I emailed them and was told the other one was being sent. In the order form I specified TWICE the color sized model ect. I expect my holster any day now(I hope). This will more than likely be my last purchase from them.:(

4. saintnick001

saintnick001

I just got a shipping notification from AGR. When I shipped the wrong holster back I told them not to worry about crediting my account for the return shipping and insted send the correct one next day air so that I wouldn't have to wait another freakin week for it. Well, those loosers sent it ground and I am PI$$ED! When I order something online I expect it to arrive in a timely manner and expect it to be what I ordered. If you can't do this you have no bussiness doing bussiness online.:( Punks!;6

5. aleffert

aleffert

Great. I just ordered some Snap Caps from AGR. I hope they don't screw up the order. I am worried now.

6. Bruz

Bruz

Justed "learned" they apparently do not stock items, once they get an order they must notify the manufacturer and it is drop shipped from there. Ordered a LED headlamp and some night sites...the headset came in a week, no problem. After 2 weeks I called and was told the above and that it should be sent out ground any day. I said to send it air or do not send it at all, got it the next day! Not unhappy with them, just not too impressed by their service...they did though come through, eventually.

7. WadeP

WadeP

Meggacatz, you asked for positive experiences also...

Over the past year, I've placed over a dozen orders by phone and I've been pleased with price, service and delivery times every time. I've ordered Bianchi duty gear, Surefire flashlights and batteries, Streamlight flashlights, and GG&G AR15 goodies. Once, I had to wait about two weeks for a vortex flash suppressor but everything else was in stock and promptly delivered. All the boxes had an AGR address label on them so they did not appear to have been drop shipped from the manufacturer.

My experience has been that if you do get an answering machine when you call, it's probably because you called on Friday (01-31-03 was a Friday) and the message says that they are closed on Friday.

So far, I haven't been done wrong by AGR so I only have positive things to say. I've made referrals to three others and they seemed pleased, also.

Like anything, your milage may vary.

8. VictorLouis

VictorLouis

Like GermanAsian explained, they are horrible to deal with at shows. He did exaggerate just a bit, however. They wait until you've handled the gun for at least five seconds before the tag-line, "So, can we wrap that up for you today?".;Q

My buddy really wanted the new Taurus Tracker in Ti. I despise the folks at AGR; but, they had it, and at a decent price. He fondled the display, then I told the salesman we'd like to examine the one from under the counter(that he'd be purchasing). It was zip-tied, which I asked for him to cut-off. The salesman said something to the effect of,"Oh, they're all the same.". I pointed out that Taurus has had numerous quality issues, and I intended to make sure that my friend's purchase wasn't one of them. The salesman responded with more verbal head-butting with,"There's nothing to worry about. They have a lifetime warranty." I said that for dropping that amount of money for a gun, we(he) darn well had a right to check it out to make sure that he didn't need to avail himself of their !@#$% warranty. At the sound of my ire, the owner told the salesman under his breath to accomodate me.:(

Needless to say, my buddy's Tracker has to go back afterall. I missed seeing how the ejector ratchet rubs up against the breechface causing undue drag and wear.

9. Meggacatz

Meggacatz PROUD DADDY!!!!

I placed my order on 01/08/03 and on 02/10/03 it arrived. I'm relieved that I received the proper items in the color and sizes needed. I'm still a little miffed that it took over a month. I'm glad the Gary of AGR at least sent my package UPS 3 day instead of ground and when the items did ship I was provided with the tracking number via email.

My biggest concern is of the companys that advertise like they have the items in stock (when really they don't carry much inventory) and have a difficult time obtaining the items they advertise. It looks like advertising to save a couple bucks and providing poor customer service (ala' Botach) is a trend. I know there are good companies out there and while they may not be the cheapest, at least I get my stuff in a timely manner and good customer service.

I will probley try several other companies before I order again from AGR.

I appreciate those who have read and/or posted and I will continue to relate my experiences. If anyone should have a problem with my posts please feel free to email me at meggacatz@yahoo.com .

10. aleffert

aleffert

I received my snap caps from AGR a couple days ago, and my order went fine. I was pretty pleased with their service, maybe it makes a differnce on what you order.