Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I know NCSTAR isn't known for being high quality, afterall it is made in China. But I'm curious if any of you who actually own any of these scopes have had any good experiences? I'm actaully talking an adjustable scope and not a red dot or Holographic or anything like that. Bought another crap brand at a gun show and need to trade the guy now and all he has to replace is NCSTAR. Maybe I'm screwed!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
i bought a 4x "tactical" NCStar scope and I really like it. The image is bright and clear and it has a quick release weaver style mount. I mounted it on my H&R 22 hornet rifle and tested it out at 25, 50 and 100 yards. It did fine and it held its zero when i removed then remounted the scope using the quick release lever.

it's definitely not a leupold or zeiss quality optic, but i am happy with mine. it's clear and bright and so far durable.

·
Agitator
2,779 Posts
Have a cheap 4X illuminated NC Star scope on my AK. Rings the 24" gong at 300yds all day long.

·
Registered
14,887 Posts
I don't have any experience with the scopes but I've seen several of the red dots break under recoil. These were mounted on a Beretta Neos and a S&W 22A.

·
Registered
230 Posts
NCSTAR are barely suitable for airsoft. I would not recommend using them on real firearms.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I've had a couple. The first lost it's red dot after a few rounds through my AK. They sent me another one that I gave to a friend. Was given one by somebody brand new in the box. It only has seven brightness setting on the rheostat. It gets completely washed out in bright sunlight. Basically might work on airsoft as others have said.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I've got one for Kel-Tec. It's crap on every level. Almost by accident had discovered Simmons 22 Mag Mini (came with a used SKS, took it off right away and nearly forgot about it). At half the price of NcStar it’s infinitely better. It’s actually usable. 28mm objective is brighter than NcStar’s 50mm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts